jasper

"dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole."

house: any, you're not in hogwarts✉️
warnings: little bit fluffy
wc: 566

you furrow your eyebrows at the soft mumbles coming from the bedroom across from the hall. usually, it would be draco just blabbering on to himself, working away in his own little bubble; speaking his thoughts aloud helped
him. but this time, he kept mentioning your dog's name - but that's all you could here.

at first, draco was a little suspicious when you asked for a dog. he was confused why you'd want a muggle pet running around the house, but he soon discovered that he loved the golden retriever just as much as you did.

in thought, you wonder if you should call out to him, but you didn't since you seemed a little more intrigued on what he was saying. so taking little steps towards the open door to your room, you stand near the doorway and listen.

"it's okay," draco assures, "you don't have to lie anymore, i won't tell anyone."
tell anyone what exactly?
for a few moments, you just hear panting coming from your buddy, until draco speaks up again, "i won't tell, y/n." he says, hope sewn through his words.

slightly worried on what he meant, you came to your senses once draco came out with the most adorable, foolish nonsense ever.
"look, jasper," he sighs, dog pants in replies, "i know you're an animagus. just know you can trust me with your secret, i won't tell any muggles or y/n."

suppressing a laugh, you grow a smirk on your lips as you feel the need to play a trick on your loved one. "tell me what, darling?" you swing round the corner, his face swarming with panic for a few seconds.
"what?"
"you said that you wont tell me a secret."

his face lights with more stress, and you feel slightly guilty for making him feel likes this until he tries and covers it up in the most laughable way, "fine, fine," he huffs, pulling himself up and looking at you with fake-guilt, "i gave him too many treats today, and i didn't want you knowing."

you shake your head, face palming instantly, "draco," you chuckle, "i was playing with you." you look up with another laugh, "jasper isn't a bloody animagus, you moron!"
"you never know!"
"he's a normal dog!" you say, gasping for a little bit of air, "didn't you learn anything out of what snape taught us?"
"oh please," he grumbles, walking over to you as he rests his hands on either side of your shoulders, "that was years ago now, how am i supposed to know?"

you roll your eyes, locking them onto his gaze - you grow smug, "you're still just as dashing as you were then."
he pulls on "the smile". this smile was when he was flustered, but he wanted to desperately try and hide it; he knew he was smiling, but he didn't want to admit it. so maybe if he tried hard enough, maybe you'd give him pity.
"and you're just as drop-dead gorgeous as you were then," he grins fully, pulling you into his chest, "i don't know how you put up with me at times."
"i don't know either, but that's something i did back then too."