-6-

-6-

The film ran for maybe half an hour until my eyes closed. I felt so comfortable with Zhan and his closeness that I actually fell asleep next to him. I only noticed it when I woke up around 6 am because I had to go to the toilet.

Zhan had covered me up and was lying next to me at a distance, he was fast asleep. When I came back from the toilet, I thought about going to the guest room. But, I decided against it. I went back to Zhan, crawled back into bed and watched him sleep for a while.

It was only then that I noticed a few details on him. His long eyelashes, for example. Or his perfect Jawline. Those almond-shaped eyes. His narrow nose. The light skin. His full lips and this little mole under his lower lip. I thought he was really handsome from the first moment on. And the longer I look at him, the more gorgeous I find him. Why is he alone?

It was incredibly difficult for me to take my eyes off him. Especially from this little mole under his lower lip. I just had to touch it. I carefully stretched out my arm and lightly tapped the mole with my index finger. "Are you enjoying this?" Zhan suddenly asked me.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why, but I only wanted to touch it once this cute mole." I said hastily.

"Well, are you happy now?"

"I don't know."

Zhan opened his eyes, his dark pupils seemed to look into my soul as he looked at me. "You don't know?" He asked.

"Mmm. "I don't know. I only touched it lightly and very briefly."

"And now you want to touch it again?"

"May I?" This mole really hit me hard.

"If you like. I don't mind." Zhan said.

So I touched it again, and longer this time. It magically attracts my gaze. Zhan smiled and asked me, "Well? Are you satisfied?"

Embarrassed, I nodded my head. I said yes, but my brain said no. But I didn't want to be rude either. I closed my eyes again, Zhan stroked the side of my head over my hair and said, "Go back to sleep. Sweet dreams."

But I couldn't fall asleep right away, because there was a question going through my mind that wouldn't leave me alone. "You Zhan?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I ask you a personal question?"

"Oh wow Yibo. You' lying next to me in my bed, how much more personal can it become? Ha ha, ask anything you want to know."

"When did you realize you liked men?"

"I think I have always suspected it. But I knew it in my year before last at school. I was 17 years old and in a music band club. We regularly competed against other bands in competitions and battles. And that year we had a battle against an unknown group. All we knew was, that the whole band was based on one member in particular. We spent a week in a tiny place in Shanghai where the school of the other band was. And because there was not even a hotel or hostel there, we were split up and put up with the members of the other band. And I ended up with the said band member, who everyone thought so much of. I was on the phone with my girlfriend, who I had at that time, when he came back from a meeting with his band. He was standing there staring at me and I was almost speechless when I saw him. Well, we spent a lot of time together that week, we had to go to his school and we just didn't see each other when our bands were rehearsing. Sometimes I didn't know how to act and tried not to make it too obvious. If he came closer than 30 centimeters to me, I went further away. He never said anything against it, but I could see how uncomfortable it was for him when I avoided him. We won the battle against his band. But probably only because he didn't sing. When I said goodbye to him, he gave me a letter, a USB stick and a kiss. Then he ran away."