-4-

-4-

Through my work I have heard a lot about Doctor Xiao Zhan. A very respected young doctor, only two years older than me. I have often heard nurses say that he is very handsome. And I always shook my head about it. But when I saw him, I was almost speechless.

I had never seen such a handsome man before. He stroked me over the head, smiled and asked me: "Are you slowly getting better?"

I nodded. "I had a panic attack, didn't I?"

"Yes. But don't worry, your vital signs are already better. But I still want to examine you in hospital. Just to be sure."

Again I nodded and asked him: "You will examine me? Shouldn't the doctor on duty at the hospital do that?"

"Oh haha. That's me. I just happened to be there when the emergency call came in. And since no other doctor was available, I went with them."

I asked him about the hospital where he works and he told me: "At Gusu Lan Hospital. I've only been there for a week."

"I work there as a male nurse." I explained.

"Oh wow. I guess we'll see each other more often now." I hoped so. Without being able to explain why.

"Is there anything else I can help you with?" He wanted to know.

And I said, "Can you make me smile again?"

He took my hand, stroked it and said, "Sure I can. But are you ready for it?"

My heart was pounding like crazy and the monitor was beeping. Xiao Zhan looked at the readings, listened to my heart and grinned, "Did I say something that made your heart race?"

I was so embarrassed. "Sorry, I don't know what's wrong."

"Oh, too bad. And I thought I could make a good impression on you and that your heart is racing because of me. That would be nice. A cute handsome man like you gets a racing heart when he looks at me. Well, I guess it'll always be a dream." When Xiao Zhan said that, I suddenly laughed.

"Ha-ha, you see, I can even make you laugh. But seriously. Are you ready to trust me?"

I didn't know. But I said, "Yes. I just learned that I shouldn't trust anyone, but okay, I'll trust you."

"Very well. Then trust me that I will help you. I'll make sure you never have another panic attack over this woman. And I' m gonna help you smile again, by the way. But only if you're willing to trust me and go along with it."

"Okay." That's what I said.

When we arrived at the hospital, one of the assistants wanted to take over, but Xiao Zhan told him that he would do it himself. Some of my colleagues recognized me immediately and started whispering. Xiao Zhan stood in front of them and said, "If I hear you blaspheme or gossip again, I will throw you out." How quickly they ran off, haha.

In the examination room I had to strip off my upper body and Xiao Zhan looked at me and said, "Wow you are well trained. Do you go to the gym often?"

I shook my head and said, " This is from dancing."

"From dancing?"

"You'll find out eventually, so I might as well tell you right here. To make more money, I work part-time in a nightclub as a dancer and waiter. But it's agreed with the hospital management."

"Okay. Do you mind if I have a look?"

"What? My dancing?"

"Yes, exactly. Or do you mind?"