𝟎𝟑 | 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐤𝐞

Start from the beginning

Damia noticed the sudden interest her sister held against the boy next to her. Zack and Daliah stole glances in between dinner. Damia caught them exchanging numbers.

They would look cute together.

She muttered under her breath while starring at her plate which wasn't even halfway through to be empty.

Saying she wasn't hungry would be lying cause she indeed was. A bit more than usual to be specific. All the thoughts and everything moving so fast just gave her anxiety. And whenever she was exhausted she would rather calm herself by treating her tummy with delicious food. Worked each time.

But that old trick didn't seem to work this time. Maybe because the situation was new. Completely unique from what she had been witnessing.

She noticed Viktor spoke less. Only when asked a question. He was well mannered. His answers were short and to the point. He didn't feel the need to say unnecessary things to impress anyone. He didn't need to. Everyone were already mesmerized.

The dinner ended with their father's shaking hands together.

Damia walked through the hallway towards the entrance while eyeing every sculpture and paintings that decorated the premises so well.

While she eyed a center piece at the top of the tall wall she bumped into a hard chest. She tripped but managed her balance by tightly grabbing on the nearest object. In this case it was the end of a suit jacket. A very expensive one.

Darn those heels.

"I'm so sorry," she lowered her head in front of the figure. Although she balanced and saved herself from the embarrassment of falling in front of a diner full of wondering eyes, she didn't notice she was still holding on the piece of fabric that belonged to the huge figure cascading on her small one.

"Careful." his deep voice shot towards her echoed in the air. She didn't have the courage to look up at his hauntingly beautiful face, but to calm the sudden urge to look at the owner of the voice she tilted her chin upwards a little bit.

She tore her reflexively shut lids open.

The piercing pair of ocean starred at her. 5'O clock shadow cascading over his flawless face. There was texture. Texture of experience indeed. He was aged as a fine wine. There was something about his intense stare that ran a chill down Damia's spine.

"Thank you," she suddenly spoke as she came back from the slumber of curious thoughts that built in her head.

He didn't reply. Neither did he make any attempts of moving away from her.

Perhaps he was reading her. And for Damia, she was a glass doll. Anyone could see right through.

Aware of his intense gaze on her, she shifted her weight from one feet to another.

Is he reading me? Just like Mrs. Angston?
No he couldn't, could he?
Mrs. Angston has known me for years. He just met me.
He doesn't even know me.

She looked down at her fisted hand clasping the fabric of his suit jacket. Tightly. Her knuckles look white.

"Oh so sorry. I-" she paused as he cocked a brow at her. Was he getting prettier?

She quickly released her grip on his suit jacket and stepped away. It was too close to be with someone as intimidating as Viktor.

Viktor. The name sounds foreign in her tongue.

Zack appeared beside Viktor. Grinning. He was slightly shorter compared to Viktor but tall in general. He looked genuinely happy with a bright smile plastered on his lips.

"Chit-chatting are we?" Zack laughed as Viktor's face remained straight. "Good thing, brother never chit-chats. Guess things will change." Zack smiled towards Damia who still was flushed from the earlier encounter with Viktor.

Viktor didn't say anything. He turned back towards the entrance and moved forward.

No one noticed the way his jaw clenched and unclenched from his brother's tiny remark.

Things would change, that's for sure. But how much? And would he approve of the change in his life?

"Don't mind him. He's always been like this. A rude ass." Zack shot towards Damia.

Huge laughter was heard from behind her. Damia shook her head knowing who it was.

"Keep it a bit low, Dali. We're in public" Damia hushed Dali. Although a smile was plastered on Damia's lips.

"So what? Am I not allowed to laugh in public?" Daliah said while in between laughs.

Damia was about to give Dali a little lecture about respecting other's privacy in public but the voice of her mother calling her cut her off. She dragged Dali with her.

Zack followed behind.

Both families said their greetings and stepped out. Damia noticed Viktor wasn't there. Maybe he left early.

Damia stepped into the cab with her family.

As the cab was taking a turn, Damia noticed a familiar pair of ocean orbs starring at her from a distance with a cigarette pressed between his lips. Smoke swirling before his face in the shadows. And him leaning against the hood of a car made his figure look less tall.

Damia watched as he kept starring at her with a certain look in his eyes. She could clearly see his ocean orbs glistening with smoke.

She didn't know Viktor smoke.

·  ·  ·  · ♡ ·  ·  ·  ·

Vote, comment, shareMaybe give a follow

Maybe give a follow

Love for all my littol dandelions

THANK YOU
🤍

-your friendly neighborhood duckling
🦋