𝟎𝟑 | 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐤𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Pleasure meeting you too, sir." Damia slightly bowed her head. Sean smiled and patted her head as a way of giving blessing. She kindly accepted it.

"Did you just bow?" Daliah asked her hardly containing her giggles. "Kiss ass much?

"Such a lovely thing you are!" a honey dripping sweet voice was heard from somewhere in the back. Damia quickly looked up to meet one of the most stunning pair of blue eyes. The thick strand of golden hair flowing all the way down to her shoulders made her look even prettier if that was possible. Damia gasped when she pulled her into a warm embrace.

"It's Rose. My lovely wife. And your future mother-in-law." Sean said as he watched his wife squeeze the living daylight out of the small girl.

"You can call me mum or anything you want. I'm good as long as you keep my little devil safe." She released Damia from her wild grip but never letting her hand go. Not even for a second. She seemed so friendly.

Damia's cheek grew ten shades darker as a whole table full of people watched her. She never dressed up. Maybe that's why.

"Is this her? Damia?" Another voice spoke. Damia looked in front of the table as a familiar pair of blue eyes starred back at her. Familiar but not the same.

"Yes! Where's your brother?" Rose said as she sat down on a chair and pulled Damia to sit beside her. A chair beside Damia was still empty.

"He said he'll be here after the meeting." the boy replied eyeing Damia.

"I'm Zack by the way." a hand was outstretched towards her.

"Hi," Damia shyly took his hand and slightly shook it. He didn't look to be more than 20. Was he Damia's age?

"Yeah." Zack spoke. Damia rose her brows at him. Her face lost blood as she figured she might have said it out loud. "I'm your age, if that's what you're wondering. I am almost. Aren't you 20?" He rested his hand under his chin waiting for Damia's reply.

"Uh, I'm actually almost 21." Damia said as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

Zack hummed in response. Before he could say anything else Sean stood up.

"He's here. Finally. Meet my son. Viktor."

Dark and somber fuscous hair danced as the abnormally tall frame walked in. The next thing noticed was the pair of mesmerizing deep ocean blue. Flecks of silvery light performed ballets throughout them. His face was strong and defined, his features molded from granite.

He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks. Guess he must get used to that, the sudden pause in a person's natural expression when they looked his way followed by overcompensating with a nonchalant gaze and a weak smile.

Of course the blush that accompanied Damia's cheeks was a dead give-away. She has never seen such a handsome man ever in her life.

His eyes scanned the people in the room before they fell on the slender frame who took a shade behind his mother.

He cocked an eyebrow at the childish attempt.

Damia's cheeks burned as the woman pushed her in front of the large man. He took her appearance with a silent hum and zero expression. His face remained calm and straight.

"This is Damia. My lovely daughter-in-law to be!" Rose sang as she motioned towards the flushed girl.

Damia was not ready for any of this. She surely was trying. Maybe a bit too hard. But the uneasiness at the back of her head soon was going to cloud her mind.

She would not let it.

Father would not want it.
She thought.

She took a deep breath and watched everyone else talking over the table. Their father's drowned in business talks and their mother's talking about how annoying this gets. She smiled a bit when she noticed her little sister stealing glances with the equally handsome boy.