How Far I'll Go - P. Parker

Disney theme!

Rich Kid!Reader

* * * *

"𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫"

Peter knew there was something off about you since this morning when he picked you up from your house. It was your date and he was sad that you were visibly upset about something instead of enjoying the day he had meticulously planned with aunt May's help.

Peter wasn't one to be pushy, but he couldn't stand the fact that something was bothering you. So after buying two hotdogs from the vendor, Peter walked up to where you were sitting and sat down next to you. He handed you the hotdog and you thanked him quietly.

"Okay, what's up?" Peter asked. He didn't want to beat around the bush anymore. It was starting to bother him too. "You seem so, so off today and it's bothering me. I want to help you. Just- Just tell me what's wrong."

You looked at him in shock. You were surprised he actually noticed. But then again, all his senses were dialed up to eleven and he could... sense stuff better.

You sighed, "It's not you, Peter. It's me. I-"

"Oh my god. Are you breaking up with me?!" Peter shrieked. "What did I do? Did I do or say anything to offend you? Did I hurt you in some way? Was I toxic? Was I too clingy? Because sometimes I feel like you want to push me away whenever we cuddle. Tell me what I did wrong so I can make it right, just please, please, please don't break with me. I don't know what I'd d-"

"Peter!" You raised your voice a bit. Peter stopped rambling and stared at you. You took a deep breath and said, "I'm not breaking up with you. No, you didn't do or say anything to offend me. You didn't hurt me nor were you ever toxic. No, you're not clingy. You're perfect."

"Then what's the matter?" Peter asked softly.

"It's literally not you. It's me. I'm the problem." You frowned. "My father wants me to take over the company and I don't want to. I told him that I wanted to be a doctor instead and since then he just shut me out."

"He's been comparing me to my siblings and he kept saying stuff that hurt my feelings. This morning he told me that you were better off with someone else and he even said that I would never make him proud; that I wasn't the daughter he pictured me to become. It just made me so upset and I'm sorry if I ruined our date today." You sighed. "I know you've been planning this for a while and-"

"Hey, stop that." Peter shook his head. "You didn't ruin our date. In fact, I'm glad you told me what you're feeling right now." Peter smiled and held your free hand.

"Your dad's a dumbass. He's a dumbass for not supporting you and your chosen career. He's dumb enough to compare you to your siblings because guess what, Y/N?"

"What?" You chuckled lightly.

"You're different from your siblings. You will never be who they are and that's a good thing. Can you imagine our world if everyone was exactly the same?" Peter said.

"The world would be boring. There's nothing exciting because everything is literally the same."

"Bingo." Peter smiled. "You being different is what makes you interesting. That's why I fell in love with you in the first place. You marched to the beat of your own drum and I loved that about you. I still do and I will love that about you forever."

"So if your dreams are totally different from what your dad has planned for you, screw him! Follow your own path because you'll be happy when you do so. And if you feel like your family isn't there for you, I'm here. Aunt May too and Ned... and even MJ. Sometimes, even Betty... anyway, you get the point." Peter said and he smiled to himself when he heard you laugh.

"I love you, alright? You don't need to be the person he wants you to become. Be the person who you want to be. If you become the person who you want to be, then honey, the world better watch out because I know you'll do great things. You'll go far, I know it! And I'll be right here beside you when they give you an award for being the best doctor in the world!" Peter gushed with a smile.

"You mean it?" You asked with a shy smile. No one's ever said that to you before and you were glad it came from Peter.

"I mean it and I mean it because I know." Peter reassured and kissed the back of your hand.

"I love you, Peter."

"I love you too."