Some Things Never Change - H. Osterfield

Pairing: Haz x Reader
Requested? Yes
888 words

"𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭, 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭."

Love is unfair. It always was and it always will be and that won't change. Even if love would be on your side, life would get in the way and fuck it up for you. Only a handful of people were lucky to find love that can last for the rest of their lives. Love isn't always supposed to be romantic. It can be friendly or associated with your family or yourself, even if it's quite hard to do so.

Losing someone is unfair especially when you still love the person. This is what happened to you.

It was really unexpected and you never thought Harrison was capable of doing it, but it still happened. It hurt, of course it did. It was all over social media and you were constantly asked about it, but you didn't say anything. After all, silence is the answer sometimes.

He didn't cheat on you, but he suddenly decided that you weren't enough for him and left you for another girl he just met. It hurt a ton, but you had no other choice except to let him go.

Now, years later, you meet again and see him with the girl he left you for. Everyone went wild.

You have recently won an award for best actress, bought a new house, got casted in a lot of movies, and reached one billion followers on Instagram. Everything was going great until your fiance decided to call off your wedding because he claimed that he didn't love you anymore and that the spark was gone.

You were absolutely devastated. No one could blame you, though. You thought he was the one. Despite feeling that way, you still continued to be your usual self even though it hurt so much to act so happy in front of everyone. Your five-year relationship with your fiance just ended and no one could get over that quickly.

Just like every year since you met Tom a long time ago, you were always invited to his birthday party. When you and Harrison broke up, you stopped going even if he still invited you. This year wasn't any different. You got an invitation that said you must RSVP before the deadline and of course, you'd read it and write an email back saying that you thank him for the invitation and you're not going... again.

The only thing different was that you received a text from Tom telling you to go and that it would be a nice birthday gift to him if you showed up. He missed you and despite being in the same industry, you've never seen him since your split with Harrison.

After a lot of thinking and back-and-forth compromising with Tom, you finally agreed. There were conditions, though. You told Tom that you'd go to his party if he allows you to stay in the backyard after you greet him. He didn't want to agree, but at least you were at the party.

When you got there, you caught up with Tom for a while before he was dragged by his other friends to play some drinking game. You grabbed a drink for yourself, went to the backyard, and started making calls to cancel everything you planned for your wedding. You even brought your 'wedding notebook' to see if everything has been cancelled. As you ended the call from the flower shop, you heavily sighed not hearing the door closing behind you.

"Hey Y/N." You heard a voice say. You turned around and saw Harrison smiling at you as he walked towards you. He gestured to the seat next to you and you nodded for him to sit down, so he did.

"What're you doing?" Harrison asked as he pointed at your 'wedding notebook'. You closed the notebook and shook your head, "Just making some calls. What're you doing here? The party's inside."

"I know, but I figured you needed some company." Harrison said. You gave him a small smile before sitting in silence together. You were just relaxing and breathing in the fresh air when Harrison cleared his throat, causing you to look at him.

"I'm also here to say sorry." He sighed.

"For what?" You asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"We never really had closure and I just want to say sorry for leaving you and for making you feel bad. I know you like to blame yourself for things and I just want to tell you that it's not your fault. You ARE good enough." Harrison said.

You shrugged and said, "Past is past, Haz. It's alright. I moved on and for me to move on, I had to forgive you for leaving and I had to forgive myself for blaming myself."

"We have our own lives now, Haz. Our careers have been doing really great and we're so lucky that we have luck by our side. I just hope that it lasts because it's the only thing I have right now." You added with a light chuckle.

"Does this mean we could be friends again?" Harrison asked with eyes full of hope.

You looked at him with a smile. You held his hand and said, "Of course we can be friends again! We understand each other and there's never a dull moment between us."

"That's true." He laughed. "Some things never change."

* * * *

This kinda sucked lmao but yeah

Written on: 02.02.2021