Lost In The Woods - H. Holland

Requested? Nah
947 words
An au where they're older than their real age

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈'𝐦 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬"

After being together for nearly ten years, you and Harry broke up for too many reasons to count. It broke both of your hearts, but sometimes people have to let go. You moved out of your shared apartment, found a new apartment and you've been living there for five months now.

As for Harry, after your breakup, things have been going downhill for him. He didn't know what to do, but he just kept going. Today, he finally lost it. What made him lose it was spilled coffee.

Paddy was sleeping over at Tom's apartment and Harry was there because he wanted a new environment. He didn't want to be in his apartment that was haunted by the ghost of you. Harry worked on his laptop there while occasionally taking breaks here and there.

Night time came around and Harry was tired, but he had to keep working. Paddy happened to pass by and asked Harry if he wanted anything because he was on his way to the kitchen. Harry told him he wanted coffee and Paddy went to the kitchen to make his older brother coffee.

Paddy arrived with a mug of hot coffee for Harry and Paddy placed it on the table near Harry's laptop.

"Thanks." Harry said, his eyes not leaving the screen.

"No problem." Paddy said. He didn't know what happened, but Harry's coffee spilled causing Harry to immediately save his laptop. Thankfully, it wasn't harmed or destroyed.

"What the fuck, Paddy?!" Harry yelled as he turned to find a place where to put his laptop on.

"I'm sorry!" Paddy shrieked and immediately grabbed some paper towels to wipe the area. After finding a place for his laptop, Harry looked at Paddy and said, "God, that's so stupid! Use a towel!"

He pushed Paddy out of the way and grabbed a kitchen towel and began wiping the area. "That's how you fucking do it!" Harry scolded.

"I said I was sorry." Paddy said calmly because he knew yelling at his older brother wouldn't do any good.

"Yeah, but did it fix anything? All you had to do was watch where you were going and not bump into an extremely hot mug of coffee! It's so fucking stupid!"

"I'm clumsy, but I'm not stupid!" Paddy raised his voice. Harry looked at him and said, "I didn't say you were stupid."

"You just did!"

"I said that what you did was stupid. I didn't say you were stupid! You're always misinterpreting whatever I say!" Harry shouted.

"Whoa, what's going on here?" Tom asked. "I'm trying to learn some lines."

Sam entered the scene and said, "When I texted Tom and said that I was dropping by, I didn't expect a brother reunion. What's going on?"

"Harry yelled at me because I accidentally spilled his coffee and he called me stupid." Paddy quickly explained the situation which caused Harry to be angry even more.

"Whoa-" Sam was cut off by Harry.

"For the second time, I said that what you did was stupid! I didn't say you were fucking stupid! You guys always misinterpret whatever I say and I end up looking like an asshole!" Harry shouted.

"You know what? Yeah, you ARE an asshole!" Sam said. "Ever since you got that big shot job, you've been acting like you own the whole place! Guess what, you're not better than ANY of us!"

"Oh, so this is about me, now!" Harry exclaimed.

Paddy, Sam, and Harry ended up yelling at each other and Tom was left alone to handle it. He was the eldest, after all.

"Guys-" Tom tried to butt in, but his brothers were still yelling at each other. He took a deep breath and shouted, "Hey!"

The three younger Hollands looked at him and waited for what he was going to say.

"Calm the fuck down!" Tom exclaimed. "Can everyone just take a breath? Like, spread out and go do your thing. I'll clean up here."

Harry was the first to go. He walked out of the scene and grabbed his coat. He just walked around, not having a destination in mind. He didn't even know where his feet were taking him. He didn't even notice that he was crying and that his feet led him to your new apartment.

He rang the doorbell and waited for you to open the door. When you did, he was surprised. He didn't know what to say.

"Y/N, I-"

You just looked at him and opened your arms out for him. He cried again and hugged you. You hugged back and just comforted him.

"Everything's fine. You'll be fine, Harry." You said to him before pulling away.

"I messed up and-"

"Don't worry about that for a minute. Let's get you inside and I'll make you a cup of tea." You told him and he just nodded before going in with you.

You made him a cup of tea and he told you why he was there. You didn't interrupt him because you knew he needed this. When it was midnight, he stood up from the couch and said, "I have to go. I'm sorry for intruding."

"No, it's fine. You can stay and leave in the morning. You need to give your brothers some space too." You told him. "I'll get you a blanket." You stood up and went to your room to fetch him a blanket from your closet. When you came back, you helped him settle on your couch before kissing him on the forehead and bidding him good night.

All of a sudden, Harry forgot all about his worries and troubles. He just knew that at that moment, he was home.