Chapter 1: A Vigilant Graduate

**Since this book is inspired by the amazing beep24, I'm going to put a song for each chapter, like she does with some of her books. They will fit the chapter, and you can listen to them whenever. This book will probably have around twenty-ish chapters. And this'll be the most boring chapter, but I'll try to make it interesting.***

Pixal's POV

It is my one-hundred and eighty-third day at the Ninjago City Police Academy. And the day that, if all goes well, I will graduate.

Of course, I am quite sure that I will pass the exam with flying colors. After all, I am both figuratively and literally made for police work.

And I have the people I care about by my side: my fellow android Cryptor, my human friend Lloyd, and my creator, Cyrus Borg.

The best mechanical engineer this side of Ninjago City.

I stand in the hall, my processors whirring with anticipation. I apply my cherry red lipstick and take a deep breath before walking into the exam room.

"Androids cannot fail," I whisper to myself shakily. "So I should not, could not-"

The instructor looks over the class. "Are you ready?"

I squeak sheepishly.

Then one young man that I recall is called Scott breathes, "No."

"Well, too bad!" the policewoman barks. "This test will make or break your careers! You will either walk out of this room a hero, or a failure!"

I gulp. I am hoping it will not be the latter.

I take another deep breath. I should not think like that; Officer Woolworth has always been a harsh teacher.

"Now," she continues, "the test will begin in three-"

I position my favorite purple pen.

"Two-"

I take one last deep breath. Wait, what is that smell?

"One!"

Never mind. I only have an hour to take the exam.

I fly through the questions; the terminology is bursting out of my memory banks.

All the protocol and law practices feel like simple two-plus-twos.

Why did I think this was going to be so hard?

I have my report ready to turn in to the teacher at the end. I might just make this!

But then, I look down and see my nemesis.

Morally grey decisions...they always seem to trip me up with all the arguments on, "no one was hurt," and "they thought it was the right thing to do."

This specific question seems like an impossible task for me.

"If people are doing things with good intentions, but they are still very illegal, should they be arrested?"

Why does it remind me of times gone by, when things felt hopeless; when I had no control over my life.

Has that really changed?

What is that called? Empathy?

But, if I am going to be an officer, I have to look at the facts.