Chapter 6: A Dance With Disaster

***Here we go again. Time for the tension! Cryptor + Lloyd + Pixal + Cyrus Borg +Zane creates a lot of fun possibilities. And that's not even everyone! Also, great song for this one. "Cupid's got a Shotgun" by Carrie Underwood. So...that's pretty much all I have to say! Let's do this!***

Pixal's POV

My my, what a sticky situation I've gotten myself into here.

Not only has Zane mixed up my head, but now I've mixed him up with the police.

Well, it's more like I've mixed myself up in this whole situation, and I have to try and untangle it.

Either way, this is the worst.

I walk in with Cryptor and Lloyd, then try not to cringe as I catch my creator's gaze. "I swear, I didn't mean to keep this from you, Mr. Borg. I did not mean to keep it from any of you!"

"Sure," Officer Woolworth remarks. "Sure you did. Sit down."

I gulp. "Yes, Ma'am!" I curse Zane under my breath. Why does he have to have such a heart of gold?

Lloyd sits next to me and pats me on the shoulder. "Sorry, I kinda made this unravel," he whispers.

"It's fine," I mouth, not sure if I truly mean it or not. What if the incessant and juvenile flirt that is Zane costs me my job? I've been working to become a police officer for years!

Cryptor sits down as well, and Officer Woolworth begins talking. "Officer Garmadon has informed us that his friend and teammate, Pixal, previously captured the white vigilante. She interrogated him, but he escaped. And she never informed us of this."

Cryptor stares at me with the power of a million suns. I walk up to the front of the room with my head down.

Woolworth barks at me in a stone-cold voice: "Would you mind explaining why?"

I take a deep breath. "Yes." Damn, the perfect parts of this day came at a price. "I fought the white vigilante after locating him at the bank robbery on Friday. I knocked him unconscious and drove him here. The building was empty at the time."

Mr. Borg tries to say something but fails to make a sound. Officer Woolworth asks,

"Why did you not tell us about this supposed plan of yours?"

I can't tell them the real reason. They would think a failure of me. Plus, no one believes that people tend to treat me as lesser simply because I am an android.

"I thought the best way to manage him would be in a quiet setting, and I supposed someone would intervene if I said anything," I explain. "I wanted to do my job and interrogate the suspect on my own."

Woolworth scoffs. "And what made you think you could handle the most powerful suspect on your own? You are a rookie!"

"Officer Woolworth, stop!" My creator steps in. "That's why she did this. She's trying to show you that she's capable and works hard like everyone else on the force."

She raises her eyebrows. "And how do you know that? She is far from mature." That hurts. "And she is acting like a child. If she weren't so stubborn, she would have asked for help, as she should have."

"I know that because I built her!" Cyrus snaps. It's surprising to see him have an outburst like this. "And what do you know? You order everyone around all day and throw a tantrum when people don't do what you want! How is that any less childish?"