40||Lost||

"Jocelyn!,"Brian dashed downstairs after hearing the scream.He quickly took his handgun and left the room.

Jocelyn was trembling in fear looking at the gory scene in front of her.Her throat closed and she couldn't breathe at all.Sliding down the wall she vomited the dinner on the floor.

Brian stopped in track when he saw the pool of blood around Oliver.The tongue was  hanging out and a large gunshot appeared to be on his body.One of the leg was gone from his body.

Jocelyn cried and cried loudly.Carla ran down and quickly engulfed her in a hug,calming her down.

"Oliver!!,"she sobbed,her heart shattered at the fact that Oliver was dead."He's g-gone,"she hiccuped.

"Carla please bring her upstairs,"Brian ordered as he took out his phone alerting his men for immediate meeting.

                                  ~ °~
"Alfonso,I need your immediate help,clean the mess in the hall,and bury Oliver in the nearby forest,"Brian instructed.

"Sure boss,"the man left nodded.

"The CCTV you sent seemed clear,nothing suspicious...wait.Can you see something flying from your right?,"Lawrence,one of Brian's friend pointed at the screen."It looked like a bullet if I'm not mistaken,"

Brian nodded,"This clip is on the wall of the opposite of the backyard door,"

"Do you perhaps have the backyard footage?,"Lawrence asked.

"It is crashed,"

"Then someone pre-planned this,you need to act fast,"

"I know,I have sent some of my men to that b*stard's house,but he absconded to his hideouts.It's hard to track him,"Brian knocked the table in defeat."If only I'm alone,"

Brian was worried about Jocelyn.He could handle this all if he didn't marry her.Now he had placed his wife's life in risk.

"Do you think they have found your place?,"

"I don't think so.Miller is impatient,he will quickly finish things once he get the information.Someone in his team is against him,the quick I get him the better it is,"

                               ~°~
"Doctor is everything alright?,"Brian asked concerned.

"Yes she is fine,I have put her in medically induced sleep.Let her rest first.She'll be up by tomorrow,"

Thanking him,Brian entered the room.It was pin drop silence and he could only hear her slow and steady heart rate.

Earlier her nose bled and she fainted on the spot.Brian was in panic when he saw the blood dripping from her nose.Everything was happening too fast that he didn't have time to process it at all.

"I did a mistake muchkin,I shouldn't have brought you in the mess,"he lowered his eyes in regret.He caressed her hair gently and saw Jonathan on the other side curled up beside her.He was very much devastated seeing her state.

"I'll make it right baby,everything,"his throat constricted painfully.

"Brian everything will be alright,have faith in God,"Carla patted his back."She's a nice woman and I can see how much you love her,"

Brian smiled weakly.He was exhausted mentally with the eye bags and sleepy face.

He didn't know how long he slept but when he woke up it was already morning.Jonathan was in the kitchen for breakfast which left only him beside his wife.

"Good morning muchkin,"he whispered, kissing her pale lips tenderly.

Brian's neck muscles were tense from sitting in a constant position all night.He woke up from his position to have a shower when her fingers brushed his.

Tears slide from her eyes as she sniffled.Wiping off her tears,he murmured it's okay to her.

"It's time for him muchkin,"he hugged her fragile body."He'll be in our memories forever,"

That made her cry even more harder.Her body shook violently in his arms.

"I miss him Brian,"

                                 ~°~
Oliver is dead😭

What do you think about this chapter?

Thank you for reading!

Vote,comment and share 💕