5||Tricked||

"Shit!,"Jocelyn muttered when the lights in the library flickered off

"Shit!,"Jocelyn muttered when the lights in the library flickered off.She closed the novel,she was flipping through and woke up from her seat.

Darkness was not her phobia though the sudden change in the environment freaked her out.

"This is a bad idea,you should've listened!,"Jocelyn scolded herself.

Carefully walking through the aisle while holding the surface of the shelf,she tried finding the entrance.

"Oh god please help me,"

Suddenly,a heavy sound resonated throughout the library making her jump in fright.Her breathing became laboured instantly as she tripped over something.The book that fell off from the shelf fanned dust directly to her face.

"Hello is someone there?,"

The deep masculine voice that echoed in the huge place was enough to push her over the edge.Tears together with the fear bubbled up.

"No no no no,"she whispered, clenching her dress tightly.

-FLASHBACK-

"You need to eat Jocy,"

Jocelyn shook her head in reluctance.She haven't touched food since morning and Jonathan very well knew that she couldn't contain her hunger.

He sighed heavily,"Sweety,you did very well.Nothing to worry about,"

That only brought tears to her eyes.She failed again and he didn't even feel upset about that.It only had been one month since mom's death and now this.

She failed her entrance test-her life was doomed.

Jocelyn very well knew that Jonathan couldn't afford to send her to any private institutions-he was starting to get steady after their mom's death and she doesn't want to be a burden for him.

Jocelyn thought it could be a surprise for their mom that she passed her entrance test for medical doctor but things took a complete turn.

"Why are you being so nice Nate?,"she whispered after a moment.

"When I was angry with you?",he chuckled.

"I saw those alcohol bottles,"Jocelyn mumbled.

He was speechless.He didn't expected this.

"I disappointed you,I'm sorry.You have all the rights to feel that way Nate.I'm the one to be blamed,"her breathing laboured as throat constricted.

Somewhat she couldn't inhale and exhale properly.Grabbing Jonathan's arm,she coughed harshly-wheezing in the process.

"No,you are perfect.Why'd you think that?...Jocy are you alright?,"Jonathan patted her back as his sister coughed repeatedly-not stopping once.