Broken Grace chapter eleven

Start from the beginning

Error tightened his hold, trying to think over the other children objectively. Nightmare rested a hand on his shoulder for a moment then dropped it back to the table. Watching the others swiftly putting them on the ground, and making them go to the 'playground', glanced at Nightmare meeting his sockets. Error eventually looked down to the two in his arms. "STaY wIThEn YElLiNG dIStANce bOyS. KeEP vOID SaFE." He glanced to Tick, with the pocket watch in his socket, chain coming out of his mouth, and clothes stained with blood when he said that. The Horror types were always a wild card, some were protective/possessive if they liked something, others would hurt or kill without a second thought. Error was not taking any chances. Putting them down, Void in Null's arms, Error then gave them a nod ignoring the insulted, shocked, pitying, and worried looks he got from the others.

These two were under his protection until a better home came along. There will be hell to pay if something happened to anything that is his. Don't let it be said that Error is not one possessive monster or an overprotective one. He takes his responsibilities seriously unlike others, so it will be a cold day in hell if they try anything funny on his watch.

Null took a glance up at Error before turning and squaring his shoulders. His Mama has something important to do, he is not stupid he knows something is about to go down, and is trusting him to keep Void safe. Null will make sure to stay within yelling distance, he has never seen or met other kids other than Pup, and Void, so he has no idea if they will try to hurt him and his little brother or not. 'But I have to be brave! Like Mama and Night!' With that in mind, Null started to walk to where the other children stood, looking like he was going into a war zone to the shock of all the other adults. Error just nodded, it was good to see Null still had the common sense to keep a look out.

Nightmare beamed watching Null. "So brave and smart. You get all the luck Error I had to hire Cobalt to tame my brats." That startled a snort out of Error, "yOUr bRAts aS YOu cALl tHeM RANgeD fROm ThEIr TwENtIeS tO eARly ThIrTIes. WHeN yOU pICkEd theM uP." Nightmare folded his arms pouting, "They could feed themselves and fight how was I to know they would start acting like rowdy kids when they finally settled in." Error just shook his head.

Turning back to the adults, Error silently looked them over. Sure he wanted to know just what was going on, but different versions of these skeletons have hurt him before. He was not going to let his guard down any time soon.

"So!" Ink clapped his hands, breaking the awkward silence. "Let's go over what we know and share information, we'll break this mystery if we find out all the facts." Ink paused, remembering that there wasn't a lot of information to share, then changed his mind. "Better yet, let's take turns asking, our new friends questions." Ink looked to Skull, who was frowning at Error's dry snort at being called a friend, who was sitting in between Blue and Hop. "Why don't you start Skull?"

Skull paused, because he had a lot of questions to be sure, but he also feared the answers he would get. 'Ah, at least I have a strong stomach from the mob life.' Mentally snorting, Skull glanced to a weary looking Error. "Ya mentioned not knowin' the last time ya ate, can ya explain that?"

There was a lot of muttering and choking at that question, some even looking to the wrapped food that was in the middle of the table. Error just frowned. "i hAvEn'T eAtEn In YEaRS thAT mUCh i AM foR sURE. JUsT doN'T KNow THE exAct DAtE. HAvEN't FOUnd THe timE TO DO iT oR gET aNY fOOd." Error waved off the concerned looks, he saw no problem with this. "i HAvE nO nEEd TO eAT TO liVE, So IT's nOt likE iT IS iMPOrtANT."

"I think it is very important." Honey muttered darkly to himself and Maple, who was sitting by him. Maple gave a bitter snort. 'How can someone carelessly wave that aside?'