Chapter 5

Meanwhile, Cassie cannot contained her happiness, ..she runs to her room excitedly and can't wait to tell Alice the good news.

" Hello, Alice guess what?

Alice on the other side  still groggy from her sleep murmured unintelligible words. Judging from the sound of your voice, your Dad finally let you come to New York. "Oh my God! it only sink into her  mind the excitement of both she and Cassie feels.

" Oh, I cannot wait for you to be here, were going to have a lots of fun. We have tons to do like shopping , some sight seeing and boys hunting or maybe I could introduce you to some of Ethan's friends.

" Both girls continued their incessant rambling accompanied with a merry laugh.

*****

The next day, Cassie wakes up with a silly smile on her face..

Someone's happy today, her aunt Maggie said while preparing breakfast.

Suddenly Cassie hugs her aunt, thank you so much aunt for taking care of me, you know I love you right? I will miss you and the old man, but you do understand my desire to be on my own right?

Maggie nods, she understand her niece feelings, she'd been there also, but she never regret the decision to take care of her brother's children. Sure I'm going to miss you my pet, who else gonna pester me now and the oldman.

Upon hearing old man, her Dad comes in..

Who is the old man? pretending to look somewhere else showing his two muscled arms, I can still carry a horse you know?

Cassie and Maggie laughed hysterically...

Your hilarious Dad...

But suddenly the laughter died and the atmosphere become somber.

Uhm..I'm going to change my clothes now, I don't want to miss my flight.

This spark a reaction to her Dad and aunt. Alone with their own thoughts, they heard a rustle from the stairs.

Cassie is dragging her suitcase with much effort, she thought this is it. Once again she embrace her aunt tightly and with a misty
eyes  assuring her this is not a goodbye. I will call you every day and I will comeback because this is my home , with you guys....

Her emotional father went ahead with her suitcase and waited in the car. Inside the car it is filled with silence, no ones like to talk, they both know of what are they feeling right now. Although Cassie is excited she cannot help to feel a bit of sadness, she will leave this place which become a huge part in her life, but surely she will be back one day. Without notice they arrived at the airport, her Dad carried the luggage out from the trunk. With a solemn look on her face, Cassie sniffed and hug him.

Remember what I told you, you can always come home whenever you feel like and we'll be waiting, don't hesitate to call me.

I know Dad, don't worry you will be the first to know, I love you Daddy, and I will miss you.

Now go before I change my mind and drag you back to the ranch.

Hearing this Cassie squeak and hurried up, aye!aye!captain with a mocking salute.

With a loving smile, her Dad wave one last time when Cassie entered the airport.

" She waved back with a tearful eyes."