Chapter 2

Third person P.O.V

New York, Blackhurst Corporation,..an imposing skyscraper that everyone will gawked upon seeing it for the first time. Not only it's one of the tallest building in the business district in Manhattan, but also because of the architectural design is incredible that stood most of it's rival. The facade only look like an artist masterpiece, but most of all the credit belongs to the intriguing owner of the building that draws attention to everyone, none other than the elusive Alexander Blackhurst.

Although his face is graced in the front cover of various business magazine, he is rarely seen in public, that's why paparazzi always lurking outside to get a glimpse. As a powerful man who dominated the business world, a billionaire by his own right whom he inherited the family's fortune upon the demise of his parents at a young age. He doesn't have an easy childhood, the responsibility of continuing the legacy of his parents forced him to grow up and become a mature adult at the age of 15.

Others wanted to take advantage of the young boy, tried to snatched and covet their fortune. Those thieving shareholders who thought themselves that they could take down what is been forged for generation, the wealth that so vast many had envied even when Alexander parents still alive.

They thought of him as a spoiled and gullible, what they didn't know is,.. Alexander is a genius beyond his years, his father taught him the ropes of the business. With the help of the most trusted person of Alex parents, their family's lawyer Ronald Hendricks, Blackhurst Corporation is much bigger today.

Once Alexander is a happy child who is loved by his parents dearly, they always said he is their greatest treasure. Alexander is very close to both his parents, he is home schooled because of the security and threats. There are people who wants what they have, and many attemps to kidnap Alex when he was young. Nonetheless, Alex is very happy surrounded by his parents love. Although they are very rich and one of the wealthiest people in the world, he learned from his parents the value of being humble and kind, specially their household staffs. They treat them as part of the family, that is why all of them are loyal, their willing to lay their life for the Blackhurst family. But all is change, when Alexander parents died in a car crash, the once a happy boy become a cold hearted man.

Although the police investigated and ruled it as an accident, Alexander believes that there is a foul play. The day before the accident, he heard his parents talking about a recent threat, and he won't rest until the culprits will pay, and pay they will.

He owed it to his parents to give them justice, 15 years had passed he is now 30 years old but the nightmares continues,..

Sometimes while he sleep, he always awaken with the same recurring nightmare that plague him since the death of his parents. Like right now, he is drenched with sweat, and his fast accelarating hearbeats thudded in his ribcage.

When he has nightmare, it is hard for him to go back to sleep, it's always the same, he saw his parents bodies burning from the car crash asking for help. He has this burning rage that clogged his heart to destroy the people who caused his parents untimely death. He look up the clock in his bedside table, it's 4'o clock in the morning, it's useless to try and get some sleep, better do his early morning exercise.

After taking a bath to get rid of the sweat and tired muscle, he swipe the fog in the mirror, staring at his own reflection, nothing unusual, the same handsome face. He is not vain or narcissist but he could not help to notice that he have a face to die for. Although aloof and intimidating, people who saw him cannot help but admire. He draw attention wherever he goes because of his commanding aura. He is born to rule, but stare as you like, no one dares to approach him. Not only because he is surrounded by body guards, those penetrating gaze alone could freeze you. Now wearing a blue crisp Armani suit,a Loui Vuitton shoes, paired with his favorite limited edition Patek Philippe watch, he's ready to head off to the office. While descending the marble stair case , his nanny Debbie greeted him.

Morning Alex, is it too early for you to go to your office? It's 6'clock , looking at the clock behind the wall.

I have so may things to do nanny, I have an early meeting with the clients.

Have some breakfast then, I cooked your favorites.

I don't feel like eating right now nanny.

Sit down Alexander, Alex left no choice but to obey, only his nanny as one of the few people who could get away by scolding Alex without scatched. This tiny woman with fierce disposition could melt Alex heart, she brought him up even when Alex parents still alive, she's like a second mother to him that's why he respected her too much.

Actually Alex loves his nanny's cooking, she's an exceptional cook, that is why he seldom eat outside even in an expensive restaurant. His nanny's food is the one he look forward to eat. When he has dates, and the women he brought to those exclusive restaurants pretends to eat delicately not appreaciating good food by ordering salad, afraid of gaining weight. Those superficial women, who used their beauty to capture a man, or minding only how deep is his pocket. That's why, he never brought any of those women in his house. He admit that he has needs as a man, but he made it clear to them not to expect anything else from him. He is not a gullible fool to be enamored by a woman's beauty, he respects women, but some of them are fickle creature. Once you give them attention, they start to become clingy and demands his time. When it comes to this, he will severe the ties immediately and compensate them enough not to pester him anymore. They're not worth the trap, others though had tried, even pretending that they were pregnant. But being a ruthless and cunning businessman, he learns how to read people, and those who tried to con him suffered, may it is man or woman, no one's making a fool of Alexander Blackhurst.

Many women praise him for being a generous lover, true, ..he gifted them expensive things, but when the time Alex will get bored in their companies, he will discard them with a huge parting gift. Some of them tried to be upset or hearbroken, but Alex knows their just shallow and vile. Parents set marriage trap with their despicable daughter, seducing him right through their noses and had the gall to demand him to take responsibility, no one forces Alexander, either shut up or bunckruptcy, their choice.