Extra: FGO!Reader x Emiya| The Clingiest master there ever was

Start from the beginning

"well, you cannot sleep when you're not even in your sleeping bag...master" he chided

He could feel your hands gathering more fabric.

He could feel your gaze silently demanding his to meet your own.

He also could tell, you really were very tired and frustrated because you couldn't sleep.

"but I was in my sleeping bag. And I couldn't sleep." You pouted more wiggling more onto his lap "you have to fix this dilemma"

"oh, I have to fix it, do I? I do not believe that in the contract there was a clause stating I must help master fall asleep" he sarcastically responded.

You thought he was teasing...but it was always so hard to tell...his jokes were stoic and his annoyance was also stoic. They both sounded the same.

"and let go of me, there is no need to be this close" he grumbled swatting at your hand

"there is need!" you shouted

"master, do you want to fight throughout the night?" he then turned to you mid warning to give you a glare "perhaps a single sleepless night is much better than sleeping fore-" he stopped himself short seeing the tears welling up in your eyes.

He knew he had gone too far.

You told him once before, on your first mission together, about how scared you were. How much you wanted to go home. How much you hated the look and feel of Chaldea – yet you always strived to do your best when you were given a task.

Perhaps it was because you were a master that was not originally from Japan that made you so different from the other masters. Perhaps that was why you had these thoughts and fears?

"you...you really can't sleep?" he asked hushed but glancing away from you to check the surroundings carefully

"...no..." you sniffled

You were scared, over tired, frustrated and sleepy all at once and it was overriding your more well-behaved emotions.

The white haired archer sighed loudly through his nose before unwrapping his arms from their crossed position. He leaned over and grabbed your biceps, pulling you up to him and into his lap, then he gave you a slight annoyed look. Settled in his lap and facing him, he reached one hand up to your cheek and wiped your tears away. Then pulled you into his chest.

"Emiya...?" you blinked a bit surprised by his actions

"just....do not get used to this. But for tonight you can curl up here on top of me." His voice was a bit muffled as he curled his form around your own. His face in your hair as he kissed the side of your head.

"...I figured you would get mad at me..." you mumbled in a whisper

He could feel your arms reach around him and your fingers dig into his top. Your form clinging to him even more than before.

"well...I suppose that there is no real point in being upset with you. I understand that you did not ask for this burden" he started quietly "you were taken from your home and sent to a strange place and then told the fate of mankind was upon your shoulders. That is more than any grail has put upon a master."

You peeked up at him as he brushed his fingers through your (h/c) tresses, your eyes locking onto a rare and gentle, sweet smile upon his lips.

"not to mention all your fears...no wonder you cannot sleep." he then had a lightbulb look upon his visage and, while holding you tightly against him, he leaned over and snatched your sleeping bag up. He unzipped it and folded it wide open "the fire will die soon..." he then draped it across the two of you ensuring no heat would escape "you'll get cold if you are just laying on me"

You smiled, just barely holding back a giggle...but your happy and cuddly vibe was easily picked up through your bond. Emiya didn't say anything but was thankful you had closed your eyes as he was getting all warm and fuzzy from your residual energy.

You yawned and your servant could feel your grip on him was slowly loosening, as was your weight upon him also began to slack into him.

He couldn't help but think back to all the previous times that you had been so clingy in the past.

There had been a time before this that you had a hard time falling asleep and he had to sit by the bed until you fell asleep.

There had been the first fight you were in with him. You had screamed and tried to climb right up the side of him in fear of the monsters you were facing.

There was the times you had been on your 'womanly' time and kept trying to cuddle up to him. He tried so hard to stay away during those times....

Then there was the time that you had been brought in front of Romani to be scolded and forced your poor servant to hold your hand and used him as a human shield from the doctor.

"thank you Emiya..." you mumbled quietly with a yawn snuggling further into his chest

"...sweet dreams master" he responded soothingly "I will keep you safe, so there is nothing to fear"

"(name)"

"hm...?" he blinked

"call me by my name...you don't need to call me master" you nodded against his chest falling more and more asleep

"..."

"I mean it"

Emiya sighed softly, a small chuckle escaping at the same time as he gazed down at your form slowly slipping into the embrace of sleep.

"alright...(name)..." he smiled gently kissing the top of your head.

He waited a few moments until he knew you were fast asleep...

"you, (name), are the clingiest master I have ever had..." he sighed letting his head lean back until it rested against the tree behind him "yet...I do not regret this choice by the grail..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry for the long pauses between uploads...

One of these days I hope to have a proper reason to give you all. 

Until then...just know that I am trying my best! ^^

XoxO