"Well, most of the guys have been playing hockey together since they were little. They all grew up together."

"Wow, that is cute." I smiled.

"A bunch of peas in one pod." Ava rolled her eyes.

"So what's Jules been up to?" I asked, seeing as we seemed to have exhausted the hockey topic for now.

"Well, she's kinda disappeared off the face of the earth ever since the entire school found out she was pregnant. So I'm not exactly sure, but we text every now and then."

"She was the one who announced it to everyone." I shook my head, still in disbelief.

"Drunkenly," Ava added. "But then when people started asking her about it in school and talking about her, I think she cracked." Ava frowned. "She's due any day now. I think July 7th was the due date." She scratched her head with her pencil.

"That's really close." I tried not to gasp. I couldn't even imagine being pregnant right now, let alone about to have a baby.

"I'm sure once she has her, we'll see a lot more of her and the baby. I mean, I am the god mother, and all."

"And the god father?" I asked.

"Your hottie of a boyfriend." Ava smirked at me.

"I think I would melt if I saw him playing with a kid."

"I'm going to melt when I see Jake playing with his kid." Ava sighed and I looked away. My stomach jumped even just hearing his name. "Oh, come on, Katie! You can't deny that Jake is hot," Ava said, and she didn't know how right she was.

Beat you to it.

I smiled slightly.

"And poor Calum would be left out in the cold!"

"Can I just have them both?" She asked.

"You know, something tells me that neither Jake, nor Calum would be okay with that."

"I guess I'll keep Calum then." Ava shrugged.

"You'd pick Calum over Jake?" I couldn't stop the surprise from making its way into my voice.

"Oh, any day." Ava waved her hand like she was swatting at a fly. "Jake may be hot, but Charlie and I have been through Hell together." Ava gave me a sad smile. "He's always been there for me when I needed him. No way would I ever give that up." Ava laid her pencil down on the table and leaned over to grab another piece of loose leaf paper. Her notes were always so meticulous. "And if you haven't already figured it out yet, Derek is the same way," Ava said and I swallowed.

"Yeah, he's good to me." I smiled, thinking of him, and my stomach jumped a bit.

Ava let out half of a laugh. "Derek usually is."

"We'll call you when we get there," Ava said, hoisting her duffle bag onto her shoulder.

"You be careful now, Ava Marie, do you understand me?" Nora asked.

"Mom, it's all backroads to the middle of nowhere." Ava leaned in to hug her mom.

"That goes for you too, Katie." Nora pointed a finger at me.

"Hey, no promises or anything," I laughed and held my hands up before wrapping them around Nora.