"Don't even get me started." I rolled my eyes. "So, how's that Stats going?"

"Umm, I think it's going." Ava tilted her head to the right, sticking her pencil in her mouth as she highlighted a few things and then flipped the page. "Chapter 3 isn't so bad, but I don't even know what standard deviation is and this stupid book uses it, like, every other word. So I'm pretty much screwed." She said after removing her pencil.

"Good." I laughed. "You should be set for that test in a few months then."

"I'm just trying to get through this weekend, first." Ava laughed. "Alive," she added.

"Ladies, I didn't know homework involved so much talking," Dad said as he stepped out onto the porch wearing nothing but a set of swim trunks and a baseball—excuse me—hockey hat. Ava picked up her phone and took a few pictures.

"Send those to me," I said with a giggle.

"Mhm," Ava nodded, putting her phone back down on the table. A few moments later, I felt my phone buzz.

"Hey! Are you Instapanning or Snaphatting that, or whatever you girls use?" Dad asked, pointing an angry finger at us. He was nice salmon color and I'd bet my college education that if he lifted his sunglasses up, he'd have a tan line.

"You're gonna be famous, Mike," Ava said. "So don't worry."

"Do your homework," he grumbled before trudging back inside.

"Oh my God, this picture is priceless." I looked at it. "You put it on Snapchat right?"

"Yeah, with the caption: How Coach spends his offseason," Ava said before we both broke out in laughter.

"Derek said they train every morning."

"Which has to be brutal given that two-a-days are going to be starting up soon for soccer." Ava sighed.

"Will they still train and do two-a-days?" I asked.

"They didn't last summer, but I'm not sure. It depends how hard two-a-days are." Ava shook her head.

"What about the guys that do football? Aren't those guys on like three-a-days, or something?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter. Unless they're the starting QB or God, Mike won't let them do football. He doesn't want them hurt for hockey. Besides, they get to work on their footwork in soccer, which I know makes Charlie happy because he's always trying to beat everyone else. Ya know, be the best."

"So basically, everyone on the soccer team is on the hockey team?" I flipped the page in my book and jotted down a few notes in my notebook.

"Ehh, some of the guys on the soccer team play basketball in the winter and some of the boys on the hockey team run cross country in the fall, but yeah, the majority of the hockey boys play soccer." Ava nodded

"What about when Spring rolls around?"

"The boys are all over place, tennis, baseball, lacrosse... That's probably where they have the most freedom cause they have the summer to recuperate. It's also the one season when Derek and Calum play different sports, thank the Lord," Ava said and we laughed. She took a sip of her drink. "Though, they get together every Sunday evening for street hockey. It's actually cute."

"Such a bromance." I laughed.

"Since, like, age 4."

"What do you mean?" I asked.