chapter 115: the price to pay

Start from the beginning

"Not when you know it'll affect the company-"

"Fire me then!" Jennie challenged. "Fire me, then we'll no longer have this issue of me damaging the company's so-called reputation-"

"You know I won't fire you-"

Jennie inhaled sharply. "Exactly, because I'm one of this company's main sources of income. You know what? The more I think about it... the more sure I am. Other actors and actresses get to choose whatever dramas or shows they feel like going on, while I never had that right. From today on, I'm going to take back that right from you. Min PD-nim's drama... I'm doing it, for sure."

"You're going to regret this."

"I'm not," Jennie said, sounding extremely sure of herself. "I'm not going to regret this, sajang-nim. I'm honestly done holding my opinions in out of courtesy towards you because quite frankly, sajang-nim - you're one of the worst people I have ever met. Earlier on, you asked Min PD-nim if he went to jail. Yes, he did... and I know why. But you know what? Regardless of what he did... at the very least, I'll have more respect towards him than I'll ever have towards you. Goodbye, Yang sajang. Min PD-nin, let's go."

Extremely mad, Jennie grabbed a stunned Yoongi by his hand and dragged him out of the office.

-•-•-

"Oh...?" Jungkook raised his eyebrows as Jennie and Yoongi stormed past him. "Ya, I thought you were here to convince Yang sajang about your drama? You finished with him so fast...?"

"It's impossible to talk to him."

Standing right outside CEO Yang's office, Jungkook watched as Jennie and Yoongi disappeared down the hallway. With a little frown, he knocked on the door and entered.

"Sajang-nim."

CEO Yang looked up from the table with an unbothered look on his face. "Oh... JK, it's you. What are you here for?"

Jungkook gestured towards the door, pretending to have no clue about what was going on. "Just now, Jennie-ssi just stormed out and..."

"Ah... that," CEO Yang let out a small scoff. "Don't worry about it, it's all settled."

Of course, it was so like CEO Yang to sweep everything under the carpet as long as it didn't concern his or his company's own well-being.

"Um..." Jungkook pursed his lips as he took a seat in front of CEO Yang. "I don't think so though...?"

"I said it's settled-" CEO Yang said more firmly this time, looking up at Jungkook as he uncrossed his legs. "If I said it's settled it is. So if that's what you're here for... you can leave. Don't you have album preparations to do? I already told you that we're aiming for a November comeback - how many songs do you have so far?"

"I already have five so I only need one more, and that will be the title track-" Jungkook clucked his tongue agitatedly. "But Yang sajang-nim, what did you say to Jennie to make her look so mad when she walked out of your office earlier?"

"Look, I'm busy-" CEO Yang began ignoring Jungkook as he packed his desk. "If you want, you can jolly well ask her yourself. In the meantime, also ask her to stay away from that Min PD-nim, or whatever his name is - he's gonna ruin her reputation one day."

"Oh, no, he isn't-" Jungkook swallowed hard. "But sajang-nim... you are."

CEO Yang froze, and looked up at Jungkook slowly. "Excuse me?"