Chapter 197: Dream Child

They look like a blue love parrot,

would you come fly to me?

I want some good day, good day, good day.

Good day, good day.

His breath was eased, but soon taken away, as the usual scent of paper crept around in the winter air. He loved the season, but he loved its reminder more, the one sitting and crooning silently by the loveseat—he could listen forever while a hum was replaced by a gentle voice, and he watched little lashes close upon the sweet sound, not bothering to stare at his unknown presence by the oak door, pen in hand, and lips bitten to conceal the praises growing in number in his throat.

Looks like a winter bear, you sleep so happily.

I wish you good night, good night, goodnight.

Goodnight, goodnight.

Both the King and Queen of Arendelle liked staying around in the library. Sometimes they dwell for the books, and sometimes icy blue orbs would witness a poem being created; and if one kiss was enough it would be brought to life.

But when two, wonderful souls were born to them, it weren't the books they found solace in. She'd be there, cradling the precious beings she sung a lullaby to, rocking them back and forth, hoping they weren't a dream, closing her eyes along with the pair finding warmth. Their chin against her shoulder, Elsa savored every minute. The love of a mother.

Imagine your face, say hello to me,

Then all the bad days, they're nothing to me.

With you, winter bears.

Fingers buried in the five month old daughter's equally light locks, Elsa resumed her humming, not minding how dreary the weather is today unlike Anna who wished for a sunny day despite knowing the current season, and it's still January and nearly the next month.

The sun was shunned away by the clouds drifting lazily across the pale skies. Rather than storybooks the twins preferred her voice it seems, and she eagerly grabbed the crocheted blanket to protect the unconscious weights from the cold. Iduna and Helena were both generous with spoiling their grandchildren.

Chandler and Auriana are the reward of her tiresome journey through the stuffy stacks on her desk.

They are the reward of those thirteen years.

They have grown in weight and size, a part of her didn't like that fact, but at the same time she did since it mean they were developing nicely and it also meant she was doing a good job, they were doing a good job. Her mother and her mother in law's few advice helped as well, but she and Aiden both knew that it was they who earned the notable credit.

"Hi mama bear."

Her eyes perked up, sparkled even-and softened upon seeing the new presence approaching her with quiet footsteps, he looked silly tiptoing and her her smile left Aiden's widening. Whispering, Elsa giggled and played along, "Why hello there, papa bear."

Aiden's irises glimmered, seeing the two resting infants in her arms. Before he could speak, Elsa flashed him a knowing grin and ushered him to grab a chair so he could sit beside her. And so he did, utterly in awe as he drew near, drinking in the angelic sight of them. "May I-?"