Chapter 195: Castle Sweet Castle

NURSERY | ARENDELLIAN CASTLE

"How noisy."

"Sorry," The newly returned ice queen smiled sheepishly, putting a heavy baggage down to sit against the wall just so she will be able to greedily position her arms as if she was longing to hold something. Anna, still holding a sleeping bundle—which was her tranquil niece, recoiled and backed away playfully before her sister's excitement. Elsa mocked a dramatic gasp at this.

"You can't even remember to give your poor sister a hug after being gone for two weeks," Anna pouted. Shyly giggling, Elsa wrapped her arms around the redhead and gave her growing stomach a gentle rub.

Seeing that her sister's blue orbs are now fixed on the infant in her aunt's grasp, Anna chuckled at her sister's adorable motherly instinct and gingerly placed the squirming girl in her mother's awaiting arms.

Aria struggled to adjust before the new presence, not recognizing the foreign scent, although it was her mother's. Her lips parted and she uttered a cry of protest, thinking the person clutching her this moment is a stranger. Anna frowned. Usually both of the twins are ecstatic to be held by either of their parents, this was definitely a new sight to see.

"Oh goodness," Elsa worriedly bounced the wailing five month old, doing her best to calm her daughter down, "Baby, it's okay, it's just mama."

"Hm, well you do smell different," Anna sniffed, then immediately she smirked, "I would say this is the scent of my brother in law on you, isn't it? You and Aiden must have been... Busy."

Elsa blushed within a second, steering her gaze away from her sister's as if she didn't want to hear her words. She looked down at her still crying daughter and sighed, "Perhaps I have been gone for too long," she pressed a brief kiss on the child's head and with that, the little girl awoke slowly and finally saw the view of her mother's face—which ceased her cries at once, to Elsa's relief.

"Hi pretty girl," She greeted silently, letting the child lean against her shoulder, "I woke you, didn't I?"

"M-ma!" Aria now grinned, causing her mother to smile softly at the shaky albeit meaningful syllable that left her daughter's lips.

"Yes, it's me, your mama," Elsa smiled, "How have you been, sweetheart? Have you been doing okay?" The little girl replied with snuggling nearer, not exactly having a readable expression on her face. She turned to Anna, "Were the twins trouble?"

Anna folded her arms and laughed, shaking her head slyly, "No, they've been  angels for their pawpaw and grandmas for the last fourteen days. Spending time with them, I can't help but hope for my Lou to come out."

"Anna, you don't know what you're wishing for," Elsa spoke, her tone growing a bit serious, "Besides having a child born early which meant he or she will be premature and will be in delicate need of attention, being in labor is the true definition of pain."

"I take that back, I suppose," Anna cringed, "How did it feel like, anyway?"

"Like your insides are being torn apart and you'll feel like cursing like a sailor to your husband, but thankfully with Aiden I held back," Elsa said grimly, "Technically it's like giving birth to a baby ox—or I may have overreacted at that."

"My niece and nephew are no ox!" Anna joked, "The twins aren't so much of a handful, are they?" "With mine and Aiden's combined genes, the two are very, very heavy sleepers," Elsa grinned.

"A fact we are very thankful for. They aren't nocturnal like most young children, thank goodness. They give their mama and daddy their deserved rest and they are such sweet little snowflakes," In the middle of her sentence Elsa smothered the lively infant's face with kisses, a habit she have developed after becoming a parent, "You'll just have to be patient, Anna."