Chapter 32: Arrival (EP. 02)

"Prince Kristoff, of Arendelle!"

"Princess Anna, of Arendelle!"

"Mama Helena!" Anna happily screamed in excitement, dashing to the queen and pulling her to her arms. Helena giggled, petting the young princess's hair, "Why, so nice to see you again, Anna. I'm so sorry I didn't get to attend your wedding, being a single ruler messes up your brain cells."

Anna shook her head, a huge grin on her face, "Hey, forget about it. It's not a big deal! Oh wait, here she comes!" Anna motioned to the deck.

"Queen Elsa, of Arendelle!"

The platinum blond queen stepped out of the ship, gracefully walking to the deck until reaching the main ground. Helena smiled up at her future daughter in law proudly, whispering to Aiden in a serious tone, "You better take care of her, boy."

Elsa reached the group shyly, her hands on her lap. Helena squealed, pulling the girl in a tight hug. Elsa blushed, hugging the queen lightly back, "I'm finally getting the daughter I've always wanted," Helena sniffed, wiping a few stray tears, pulling away, "Welcome to the Northern Isles, Elsa. All of you."

Elsa smiled, "It's an honor to be here. The kingdom is beautiful, Queen Helena. I would very much like to see more of it."

Helena nodded, "Truly is. It's been more prosperous ever since the scum bag was stripped off the crown. Well, let me show you around. Walk with me."

Helena pulled Elsa's hand, then linked her arms with hers. The group behind followed in tow as the queen duo walked further in the kingdom.

The village houses were similar to Arendelle's, yet they were cemented not wooden. Several shops selling different items or food stood on the side, while many Blacksmith workers forged new armors and weapons on their workshops. The Northern Isles has a very large army in case of wars, that's why.

An abundant amount of citizens stared at the walking group flanked with guards, seeing the presence of royalty.

Northern children played around the corner, their jausting horses in hand and crashing them against another's, like a trapped battle game. Anna smiled at them kindly, waving a 'hello' to the young ones. The children grinned and waved back, then returned to their former activity.

Aiden rushed up to his mother, a gentle smile tugging his lips. He tapped her shoulder to catch her attention, and Helena turned to him in confusion. "Mama, can I borrow my fiancé?" Aiden chuckled.

Helena giggled, and nodded, backing away. Aiden snaked an arm around Elsa's waist and pulled her closer to him, their hands intertwined tightly. He possessively locked that arm around her waist, earning a gasp from his fiancé.

"What was that for?" She chuckled.

"Northern men are fond of blondes like you, snowflake. I'm merely marking my territory." He smirked.

Elsa laughed, kissing his nose, "Not that I'm complaining."

Lots of nearby ladies gawked up at their display of affection, the two of them could hear a few "Is that the girl the prince decided to marry?" "Aw.. I thought I had a chance with him! Now he's taken."

Elsa tried her best to mask her jealousy, flustered. "You're quite famous around here, lover..." She whispered.

"Sad, I wasn't interested in them at all. Not to be rude, but they only want my title and not my self. They can't read me like a book, they can't kiss my tears away, and they aren't Queen Elsa of Arendelle." Aiden smiled, kissing her behind her ear lovingly.
____________________________________
N O R T H E R N
C A S T L E

"Have you two considered what date your wedding will be?"

"Next month, maybe? What do you think, mon amour?"

"I was hoping for a much nearer date, lover." Elsa smirked, her fingers tracing the muscles of Aiden's neck. Aiden tensed up at the tickling touch, squeezing her hand. "But I want your opinion on it, too."

Aiden's forehead began to sweat, realizing she was convincing him to make it official. They have spoken about it, and Elsa wanted it to be in three weeks. Weddings may be a grand event that will mark a certain day in their lives, but planning it was something both of them wants to get over with.

"What about your wedding gown?" Helena curiously asked. "I do have something in mind... I want to personally sketch what I want it to be." Elsa smiled.

Helena's eyes lit up, "How creative. I thought we can always get the finest designers from France to help you, if you want. French designers and stylists are quite known for their extravagant tastes in fashion."

Aiden gazed at his mother intently, "You seem to be suggesting an expensive wedding."

Helena shrugged innocently, "My son's getting married, what do you expect me to do? I want the best for the two of you, let it be pricey. I also have my assistant," she motioned to Anna, "What do you think, Anna?"

Anna squealed, "Agreed! I'll go grab a parchment and a quill to list everything down!" The strawberry blond haired girl ran down the halls, skipping along the way.

Elsa giggled, turning to Aiden, "Looks like we have a lot of help."

Aiden nodded, "Indeed we do. If it's my mother we're talking about, the wedding might cost our souls."

Elsa smiled, lifting his chin, kissing his lips, "Oh, cheer up, lover." She whispered to his ear, "I'm sure you'd love the wedding gown I have in mind."

Aiden grinned, "Surely I will."