Chapter 165: No Match Against Flames (EP. 06)

Courtroom | Arendelle's Castle

Aiden's eye lids sagged in a sluggish manner as he dragged himself to find the energy to pay attention to whatever Count Peter is blabbering about.

His growing tedium competently opposed to his need for wariness; but it wasn't fully necessary since he doesn't like the speaker either. He had to stifle his laughter to catch the second the Ambassador of Cauven disguise a yawn.

"... And what did I just say, King Aiden?" The Count of Arendelle looked infuriated as he shifted his annoyed gaze to the weary eyed fire wielder. Aiden smirked and folded his arms, propping up his back against the seat.

"The shipment of cloth for Wadel," The fire king dryly answered.

The Count looked crestfallen since he was very confident the king was out of ear shot. The French Ambassador, obviously always in favor of either Aiden or Elsa, cleared his throat and raised a hand, "In my defense for His Majesty, dear Count, you've been repeating the same topic for a..." Adolphe clicked his tongue as he took a cursory glance at his pocket watch, "... Good hour now."

A rackety knock banged against the oak doors, but before either Private Sigrid and Sergeant Bard could even put their armored hands on seperate knobs, each door was sent flying open which signified urgency and panic,  knocking the poor guards out cold in the process.

Standing by the doorway were none other than the General of Arendelle and the Lieutenant, the pair seemingly out of breath and in dire need of hydration. But Magoo couldn't care any less for their current condition.

"How bold of you both to simply barge in here unauthorized! I will gladly dismiss—" The Count was unwillingly shoved back to his seat by the King of Arendelle himself. "You two are not to be dismissed yet, General, Lieutenant. You have my permission to speak."

"Your Majesty," The lieutenant panted, "A ship crew bearing Dravenian uniforms has infiltrated the castle. I believe they broke in through the windows of the Great Hall. Captain Lars and the others tried to keep the situation under control, but they were unprepared and overwhelmed with the sudden timing of the attack."

"Was anybody hurt? What of my children and the rest of the family?" Worry was evident in Aiden's face.

"Sire, please let me continue. Nobody has gotten a single bruise nor scratch, strangely enough. We have secured the rest of the Royal Family and the staff in one of the guestrooms, I have posted the Captain by the doors to ensure everyone's safety."

And soon, the invisible presence of fear throttled Aiden's throat.

"... I-is my wife among them?"

Matthias immediately stopped speaking the moment the question came out of the blue—and the remaining petrifying task of replying to the fire king's words was devolved to the General who received a grim notice that anyone who angers his former prodigy cannot escape a flawlessly predicted death.

The general kept his expression neutral and himself at ease, even though internally he wasn't. No living creature can pacify what the future involving bloodshed holds.

"The Queen has always been the target of the Prince of Draven's objectives, sire."

And everyone in attendance realized, the worst is yet to come.
•••
"LET ME GO!"

The Snow Queen's voice was muffled but coherent as one of Elgon's henchmen roughly concealed her screams of desperation with a cloth which role is to suffocate the thrashing woman. Another man dressed in black stood behind her, completely in a docile state while he ties Elsa's wrists together with a rope.

"Now, now, my sweet," Came the crooning voice of a certain yellow eyed prince, "Stabilize yourself before I do that job for you. And trust me, things will definitely turn ugly if that happens."

Ice spikes threatened to pierce through Elgon's heart. "Y-you won't get away with this."

"Yes, I will," Elgon smirked, "That's the responsibility of this ship. And my sword's is to run my blade through your husband's neck."

Horror contorted Elsa's face. Her powers leaked beyond her control and trails of frost were already creeping to the arms of the prince's hired goons. Most of them hissed in surprise, with the exception of the one in black clothing.

"Take my bride to the basement, and one of you inform the Admiral to take the wheel right this instant," The prince growled, "You have my permission to point a blade to his chest if Admiral Eivind resists to carry out my order."
•••
The promise to bestow death upon Elgon was sworn incoherently under Aiden's breath. Magoo and Matthias found themselves following the King of Arendelle's frenzied steps for the docks, armed with crossbows and muttered prayers. Intimidated townsfolk backed away from being any kind of blockage to their ruler's path.

Tied around the King's waist is a lone scabbard—under the confines of leather rested the polished Hellwrath, the spear's uniquely colored steel already holding a yet to be sated desire for blood.

They froze dead in their tracks the moment they heard the king melodiously sang the Secret Siren's call as loud as his vocals could muster.

The familiar, majestic equestrian deity rose above the salt water flesh of the fjord, eyes glowing vibrantly in a pristine hue of white. The Nøkk raised his muzzle up high and neighed, before dropping his head into a low bow of respect and loyalty. A pair of equally mesmerizing steeds were morphed and summoned beside the Nøkk.

"Hop on," The horse's masculine voice invited.

Aiden mounted the water spirit without hesitation while his companions took the make-do's. It wasn't long before the General and the Lieutenant struggled to keep their grip firm around the watery reins of their animate forms of transportation with the lightning speed each splashing clop of their hooves took.

The landmark of Arendelle minimized until it is no longer visible in plain sight.

Magoo glanced at the dark tides beneath sprinting mighty hooves, and therefore, he knew that with the unmeasurable amount of the Nøkk and the fire king's determination, they were no longer in one of Arendelle's surrounding fjords.

They were now at sea.

"How did you know that we seek your help to reach the ship?" Came Aiden's question.

"I have witnessed the Fifth Spirit being compelled to enter the vessel with numerous men, but I am incapable of helping her escape. This is the only way I can make up for what I could have done but couldn't," The water spirit symphatetically responded with an apologetic frown present in his muzzle.

"I... I understand. Don't worry."

"If you are wondering how could a simple looking ship travel with an abnormal pace of speed, it's a valid reason to believe that that Dravenian sea vessel possess Ignaeran technology. I have seen the captor's eyes and of course, there's no denying he is a halfblood just like you. One of his parent may have passed his prior knowledge to his son."

"I have no doubt he did," A guttural grunt of aggression escaped Aiden's lips, "I wonder if the father is a scoundrel like his spawn."

"We cannot assume any of those things right now, my king," The Nøkk chided, "I wish you the best of luck and I hope you return to Arendelle in peace."

Matthias and Magoo gulped and shared a rueful look.

They were already feeling pity on what would become of the Prince of Draven.

To be continued
on the next chapter...