Chapter 6: Day with Chrollo

Art by: @ Alouette_X on Instagram & TikTok

~The Morning After~

    You slowly began to awaken from a heavy sleep, feeling the sunlight on your eyelids. You felt a solid weight on your chest and legs and woke to find Hisoka clinging onto you in his sleep. You studied his face and saw his brows furrowed, eye squeezed shut, and sweat dripping down his forehead. You wrapped your arms around his body and placed gentle kisses on his face until he woke up.

    "Oh, my dear, good morning" he said huskily.

    "Are you okay? It looked like you were having a nightmare," you asked worriedly as you planted another, deeper kiss on his lips. He pulled your body on top of his and rested his head right above your breasts.

    "H-hisoka, that tickles" you giggled, feeling his warm breath on your chest. Sensing that he didn't wish to speak of his dream, you let it go and slipped your arms around him. He raised his head and covered your collarbone with kisses then abruptly stopped.

    "This mark. Chrollo left it, right?" he asked sullenly.

    "Um, yeah," you replied, uncomfortably, "I don't like marks, they hinder my job most of the time" you added.

    "I'll fix it," he said coolly.

He placed a small square, exactly the color of your skin, on top of the purple patch. It vanished before your eyes and you stared in disbelief.

    "Woah, thanks! How did you do that?" you asked excitedly

    "Texture Surprise, my dear, it's my hatsu."

    After some sweet morning cuddles and nips, you excused yourself and took a shower. Hisoka was waiting for you as you stepped out, ready with a towel in hand. You then got dressed and made your way to the door. Before reaching the knob, you turned to Hisoka.

    "Thank you. I had a really great time. I'll be heading out now".

    He walked toward you slowly and pressed his hand against the wall, trapping you between him and the door. You look up at him, confused.

    "Choose me" he pleaded quietly.

    "What?" you questioned meekly.

    "It's nothing" he said before placing a passionate kiss on your lips.

    "See you soon, dearest" he said, turning away into his apartment.

    "S-see you soon" you said leaving.

~Later in the City~

    Chrollo had sent you the address of a cafe to meet him at and after going home and changing your clothes you headed over. You saw him sitting at a table in front of the cafe, patiently reading a book. As you approached, you paused to gaze at him. Previously you had only seen him in his iconic fur coat or the a suit for the gala but today, he looked just like any other handsome man. Not an assassin, not a spider, just Chrollo Lucilfer. You were staring just a bit too long and he spotted your gaze.

    "Oh hey, Y/N," he called, as he closed his book and stood up, "you look great, as always" he said admiring your short skirt.

He snaked his arm and around your waist and pulled you in for a kiss on the cheek. You blushed and he took your hand as he began walking down the street.

    "U-um, where are we going?" you stuttered.

    "The downtown area of this city has a lot of fun things to do," he said with a smile. Soon you found yourself on rollerskates, riding around with Chrollo through the sidewalks by the shore. You rolled past the pier, gazing at the way the lake sparkled in the distance. Chrollo intertwined his fingers with yours and guided you toward a bustling outdoor market.

    "Let's stop by, see if they have anything good" he said looking back at you.

    "Okay" you responded enthusiastically.

    You two wondered around the market hand in hand, peering into booths, navigating through the crowd, and dodging eager merchants when you eventually caught the eye of an old man sitting quietly under his tent.

    "Young lady!" he called out to you.

    "Me?" you asked, walking over.

    "By any chance, are you from Padokea?" he asked, welcoming you into the shop.

    "Yeah, how'd you know?" You answered.

    "I tend to be able to sense other people from my hometown," he responded.

    Chrollo sat back and watched as you two had a short conversation about what regions you lived in. The man then offered you a small, flat, blue, stone.

    "Oh wow, I haven't seen one of these since I was little!" you said in excitement.

    "What is it?" Chrollo asked, leaning over your shoulder to get a look.

    "This is a good luck stone found only in the Dentora region of Padokea. All you have to do is carry it around with you and it'll bring happiness. Please, take it" he said thrusting it into your hands.

    "Oh no, I couldn't. Let me at least give you something in return" you pleaded.

    "Please, I am an old man. I've lived a great life and it's time for that rock to bring someone else some use"

    "Wow, thank you so much" you said before turning to leave.

You and Chrollo walked out of the shop and you turned back once more, noticing the battered condition the man's tent was in compared to the others.

    "Hang on a sec" you said to Chrollo before whispering to the outside of the tent.

In the next moment, the beige, worn cloth that sat above the shaky wooden rails, transformed into a bright and colorful tarp that topped sturdy plastic beams. Smiling in satisfaction, you finally left. Chrollo caught your hand in his again and looked deep into your eyes.

    "You know, I think you're too kind to be an assassin."

    "I don't think my demeanor has much to do with my profession. I kill when necessary, it doesn't mean that I have to be heartless," you said looking down "and you and Hisoka, and Shizuku, all the spiders. You're not bad people. It just so happens that a lot of people look down on what you do. But they also probably haven't been through the same struggles. You gotta do what you gotta do, right?" you said looking up at him brightly.

    "You always know just the most perfect thing to say," he said before looking down at his watch, "Oh, look at that. It's getting late. Come on"

    "O-okay" you said as he pulled you toward the pier.

    He walked you to a small row boat tied up at the end of the dock. He climbed down onto the small wooden seat and looked at you expectantly.

    "Get in," he said, extending a hand to you.

    You wobbly climbed in and sat down and soon began rowing away from land. You gazed across the lake in awe, watching as the setting sun painted several bleeding colors throughout the sky.

    "Wow, it's beautiful," you said, never taking your eyes off the distant sky.

    "Yeah. It's one of my favorite views" he said softly. Soon a small island came into view and Chrollo guided the boat towards it.

    "Are you sure it's ok to land here? It looks like a private island" you said worriedly.

    "It's alright," he assured you, "I have a small house here" he said, helping you out of the dingy. You both made your way to the center of the land, where you came across a beautiful little beach house.

    "Come on in," he said, opening the door for you. You looked around in amazement to find a large hot tub sitting in the center of the living room, a lavish kitchen equipped with matching copper kitchenware and a fully stocked bar.

    "I'm going to get dinner started. How about you pour us some drinks?"