Chapter 1: The Lombardi Job

~at the Phantom Troupe Hideout~

The infamous Spiders all sat scattered amongst old bleacher seats. The group had recently occupied an abandoned school that happened to be a few blocks away from their newest target. Chrollo, the leader, stood in front of the group and began the meeting.

"So, does anyone have a solution for what we discussed last time?" he asked.

Everyone looked around blankly signalling to him that it may have been a bigger problem than anticipated. They planned on robbing the upcoming Lombardi family gala, an event held every 5 years to assimilate smaller gangs into the Lombardi mafia. Millions of dollars and jewels and documents were presented as offerings to the family.

Normally, the troupe would have had no issue dealing with some muscle heads with guns but they wanted to get in and out quietly. Thanks to Pakunoda they learned that the Lombardi family enlisted ex hunters (all with nen) to guard the perimeter. She also found out that these hunters were hired for their specific abilities. Each one of them specialized in surveillance and guarding. Shalnark could control a few of them but certainly could not handle all of them at once, which is why the group was considering further options.

"Actually, I think I may have something," Hisoka said in a calm voice.

All heads turned to look at him as he elegantly stood to formally address the group. My contact, (no doubt in anyone's mind it's Illumi) might know someone who has an ability that would help us out."

"Wonderful," Chrollo said smiling, "Well why don't you bring him by and I'll... convince him to join us for this mission"

"Well, Boss, I'd be delighted to bring her by" :) Hisoka said with a large grin on his face.

Illumi talked of her often but never allowed them to meet. He'd always been curious why he felt so possessive towards this mystery girl.

"Oh another girl?" Shizuku piped in, "Great. Let's see what's she's got" Machi said, puffing out her chest.

~Later~

You're walking closely behind Illumi as he leads you through an old, dark, school hallway.

"You know, you didn't have to say yes to this just because I asked you" he said sullenly.

"No, I think it sounds fun! Plus I just got back from a really boring hit. The guy didn't even try to fight me off" you pouted.

"It's not like he would've stood any chance against you had he tried," Illumi responded.

"True. But like, damn, you could've thrown a punch or somethin'. I'm just a woman hehe" you said mockingly.

He turned a corner ahead and you followed to find a dingy gym and a few bored looking people (with powerful auras) reclining on the bleachers. You walked in with a colorful skin tight romper and loudy printed stockings that stretched to the middle of your thighs. Your glossy hair draped over your shoulders and gracefully framed your chest. Next to Illumi you felt small but that was nothing new.

"That's it? She's supposed to be some powerful assassin?" Feitan scoffed.

"She's quite flamboyant. Bet Hisoka's gonna eat her up" Machi commented.

Hisoka rose from the bleachers to greet you and Illumi. He looked you up and down and hummed in approval.

"You must be Y/N. I see now why our dear Illu has kept us from meeting" he said before kissing your hand gently.

Illumi's bloodlust began seeping out as he gave Hisoka a poisonous glare, while Chrollo strolled over to you to introduce himself and explain the details of the plan.