trapped in a closet

Time period:around defenders of Berk so age15

It was a sleek safe and discreet system. All people of Berk knew what to do and it was made easy under the cover of darkness.

An emergency drill was in place, for the west side of the island was under attack of unknown enemies.

The basic idea was for the young and vulnerable to hide until told otherwise. Hiccup was in the middle of working on his newest tools when he heard the warnings. He put his metalwork down and hid in the storage closet closest to him.

It was a small,empty,space. Not too uncomfortable to spend hours if needed.
He stood there thinking about what he would eat for dinner, his mind zoned out until he heard a knock on the door.

"Hiccup it's me Astrid let me in."
He opened the closet and let her slide in.

"Do you know what's going on?" He asked

"Not really, I think an unmarked boat showed up at the back of Berk and it's being investigated." She replied

She looked down at her hand clenching it tightly.

"What's wrong with your hand?" Asked Hiccup

"Nothing just a scratch." She said as hiccup looked at her skinned palm.

"That as a little more then a scratch, do you mind if I take a look at it?"

"Sure, it's really nothing though."

He made sure her fingers were working and knew afterwards it would be a good idea to bandage and clean the cut. But for now it was just time to wait.

Besides hiding from a threat unknown to the two being shoulder to shoulder and inches from each other, made it awkward city.

They had kissed before, a few times actually. And even though they had a mutual understanding  off affection, they'd never been stuck in such a tight space together.

" How did you get that scrape this time?"  Hiccup asked,

"I fell on a rock on my way here. I was just gonna ask if you or Gobber had a..." she took out a cut piece of parchment from her tiny side pocket, "leather polish piece." My dad wanted one." She yawned.
"But it can wait till tomorrow. I don't know why I chose to go on this late night trip anyway."

Her eyes we heavy and she was slower then usual.
" Do you mind if I close my eyes for a bit?" She asked

"Sure" replied Hiccup

"Thanks," she said as she lied her head down on his chest having his eyes open in revelation.  He put his hands on her back into a hug and closed his eyes as well.
The quiet didn't help either of them to stay awake as they both fell into a tranquil little nap.

—————————-
Sorry if there's errors I usually write these at night. Any way see you later 💖