Rabies

⚠️  angst with no happy end and major character death ⚠️
Time period:after 2nd movie

Hiccup walked toward the door
"How is she"

His mother looked down at the floor.

Hiccup knew Astrid had little time left to live. The effects of rabies are fatal when noticed and there is no known cure.

He opened the door slowly to his girlfriend weak in her bed.
He sat down by the edge of the bed next to her.
"You still look as beautiful as ever Astrid."
He reached for her hand and she used her last bits of strength to grab his.

Her face was pale and her mouth was covered in saliva from the rabies.She had been having seizures lately and they were getting worse.
She spoke in a soft quiet voice.
"Hiccup,"

"Yes Astrid"

"Please stay with me until I go"

He wiped a tear from his eye with his free hand.

" of course"

Astrid squinted at him taking in what she could see before she closed her eyes to speak.

" I remember when I met you. We were five.You were going troll hunting in the woods and I was trying to catch a rabbit. You were lost and we had to find our way back. I never would have thought you would be the other half of my soul."

Hiccup smiled and took both his hands to his lover's. She looked back and smiled as well.
"I'm sorry I have to leave so soon."

"It's not your fault"

"I, I wanted to have a family. A house we would help each other get ready in the morning. Cook dinner. I wanted children. A strong little girl and boy."

Tears fell from the sides of her face

"At least I got to love you before my time is up" said Hiccup

She looked at his face one last time until she closed her eyes.

"Goodbye Hiccup, Ill wait for you in the gates of Vallhalla."

She smiled
"Where the brave shall live for ever."
She slowed down her breaths until the breathing stopped,as well as her heart shortly after.

She was gone.

Hiccup placed a kiss on her forehead.
Tears rolled down his face.
There was nothing more to say.

The room was quiet,for he had just lost a part of his soul.

(Had a really bad day so I wrote a major angst fic at 5:58am.don't worry fluff is on the way for some bounce back believe me we all are gonna need it)