The hiccups

Hiccup hammered away at the new contraption making sure it's nails were tight enough to withstand the toughest of falls. That's when Fish legs turned up behind him. "Hey buddy what are ya working on?"

Hiccup turned his head to speak.
"Oh just fixing up a saddle." A few seconds later Tuffnut showed and asked the same question.

"Fixing up a saddle" said hiccup

"Fixing up a saddle?" Asked Snotlout,

"Fixing up a saddle" replied Hiccup

Ruffnutt chewed on an apple "What's going on here?"

"Fixing up a saddle," said Snotlout.

"Fixing up a saddle," said Fishlegs.

Hiccup turned around "Fixing up a sadd-HIC"
The stunned silence of the gang was only broken when Snotlout laughed, " How ironic, Hiccup, has the hiccups!"

"Oh very funny" Hiccup exclaimed rolling his eyes. " I'm not sure if hic OWWW!" He cried hammering his finger by accident.

"Gahhhh, this hic ,is the worst!"
Fishlegs offered him a canteen, "Here, if you drink this while holding your breath the hiccups should go away!"

Hiccup gladly took the bottle, "thank yoWHAT IS THAT?" He cried after taking one sip.

"Oh it's a mix of lemon and warm milk and a dash of salt!"

"Fishlegs, why would anyone want to drink that?" Hiccup dry heaved.

"I wanted to try something new?"
Snotlout immediately chased Fishleg's sentence with his bright idea.

"This works for me every time, punch someone's fist until the hiccups stop."

"Snotlout how would that cure my hiccups?"
"I'll demonstrate," he said while socking a bypassing Tuffnut in the chin.

"What the? Why did you do that?"
Snotlout retracted his hand, "Hiccup has the hiccups." He calmly stated as if he didn't just punch his friend.

"Oh why didn't you say so sooner? The best thing to do is scare it out of you! But you can't know when your going to be scared or it will take all the fear ouKABLEHEHEHE!!!"

Hiccup was un amused and frankly not frightened by Tuffnut and his tactics.

Ruffnutt offered her own solution.
"Alright, Gobber taught me this one, you hold your breath until it stops."

Hiccup took a deep breath in, stretching his freckled cheeks before they started turning red.
The gang was silent until a hiccup re-emerged from the young viking.

Astrid appeared from Ruffnutt's left carrying a box of fire wood under each arm.

"Am I late to the party?"
The group looked at her,Hiccup especially, looking like a total idiot trying to get rid of his hiccups was just how he wanted to appear.

"Hey Astrid, I.... hic got the hiccups. Ironic isn't it?"

She lightly laughed at the predicament before handing Ruff the extra box of fire wood that was meant to be carried by her in the first place.

"I have a solution," she grabbed him by the front of his shirt and kissed him quickly, surprising him as she did so.

Getting a kiss from Astrid could go one of two ways. There was the appreciative kiss on the cheek she used in situations here it was appropriate. Like after Hiccup had taken her around the village on Toothless's back, or when thanking someone for saving her life (which was an action preformed much more frequently then she would have liked to admit).

Well, the kiss she gave him was not one of those kisses. It was fast but heavy. She slid her tongue over his and moved it in a circle before breaking and wiping a minimal amount of saliva from the side of her mouth.

She tried to play it off as if she didn't enjoy it, giving a light hit to Hiccup's shoulder as she gave him a smile.

Besides having everyone wide eyed from Astrid and her sudden action, they were also on the tips of their toes listening to Hiccup to see if he would hiccup once more.

And unsurprisingly to Astrid,Hiccup's hiccups were gone!