Four

After practice, I drove the guys over to their little music house and they helped me take all the equipment out. Afterwards, I said goodbye to the guys and went home to get ready for my date with Luke. He said that he was gonna pick me up at my house so after i shower I took all the time I needed to get all dolled up.

I went downstairs after I finished getting ready and sat down with my dad at the breakfast bar. "Wow. You look stunning tonight Rora." He smiled, taking in my whole image. I decided not to look fancy tonight so I just went with a simple blue button down blouse and a blue skirt to go with it.

"Thanks dad." I gave him a little peck on the cheek before the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!!" Katie yelled from in the living room. She jumped up and opened the door. As soon as she saw Luke, she shrieked and went to hug him. "Luke! It's been a long time since ive seen you!" She was really excited. I couldn't help but chuckle a little. She really hasn't seen Luke in awhile. He hardly comes over here anymore, not since we started our last year of high school. Even now that the band is getting more popular, he rarely comes over.

"Nice to see you too Katie." He patted her head and gave her a big hug before they split apart. Luke looked up and caught sight of me. His eyes lit up as heat rose in his cheeks. He looked down at his feet, almost like he was embarrassed but he looked back up at me and smiled. He was wearing nice jeans and a button up shirt. With sleeves of course.

"Wow. You look...... Stunning." He said looking at my dad for approval. My dad just smiled and nodded.

"Oh don't worry boy. I've been waiting for you two to get together. You're fine." We all laughed a bit but really I felt a little embarrassed.

"Shall we get going?" I say, looking at Luke. Without another word we say our goodbyes to my dad and Katie and we were off. Luke rode on his bike so I just stood on the pegs. I know it sounds weird going on a date on a bike but hey, fresh air on a beautiful night and it saves gas. 

Luke drove us t a little hole in the wall diner called Moe's. We used to go here all the time in 9th grade with the guys. It's where we went on the first night we met each other. I thought it was really thoughtful. Once we parked the bike and locked it up, we went inside and sat our table in the back by the window. This really feels like a special night. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we ate we took a walk in the park near by. As we walked we talked about everything and anything, just like every other day with Luke. As we came to a bridge over the pond, we stood in the middle, leaning against the railing and looking at the stars. Luke moved his hand near mine before taking it in his. I looked at him right in the eyes and smiled, heat rising in my cheeks. I really like Luke. I like everything about him and his personality. No I don't like him. I love him. But i'm not ready to say those words yet. 

"This was a lovely night with you." He says, kissing my hand and looking back at the stars. He put his arm around my shoulder and I leaned into his chest, taking all the warmth he offered. 

"It was." I didnt know what to say. I was completely speechless. This night had been completely wonderful. 

"It took me so long to get the courage to ask you out." He looked at me and gave me the biggest smile ive ever seen him give. He rested his head on top of mine as I hug him from the side. I could stay like this for ages. 

"I'm glad you finally did though." I smiled. I didn't want this night to end. A big crash in the distance followed by lightning made us jump, almost falling in the pond. All of a sudden it started to pour. We booked it back to Moe's while laughing, getting soaking wet. After hoping on the bike we rode back to my house, laughing all the way home. 

Once we got in the door we collapsed to the floor in laughter. I had no idea why we were laughing. Perhaps it was the thrill of the moment or just how fun it was to run in the rain. Being with Luke made it so much better. After awhile we stopped laughing and we just laid there, soaking wet, just staring into each others eyes.

"You can crash here tonight if you want. I'll give you some clean dry clothes." I said to Luke, not breaking eye contact. He just gave me one of the cute smiles and nodded. He slowly got up, making sure he wouldn't slip then put his hand out, helping me up. We headed upstairs where I gave him some of his clean clothes he left in the van one day, and showed him the guest bedroom. 

After we were both dressed and warm, I put our clothes in the dryer and headed to bed. Although for me, I couldn't stop thinking about the events of tonight. It took forever for me to fall asleep.

So this one was a short one. The next chapter is gonna be a time skip cause I dont feel like writing about the track meet or anything plus i want to change up the story a bit.