All sports activities were canceled today because of the heavy snow. It was about a foot right now and the snow kept on coming and coming. So, today was the perfect day to stay after school.

I met up with Zoey after her last class and we walked to the biology wing quietly.

"What are you thinking?" I asked her suddenly. I glanced at her and she had a furrow in her forehead. I guess I wasn't the only one worrying.

"H-how-" she stopped abruptly and frowned. "How did we make a mistake? Like, I'm trying to remember, but, I don't remember doing anything...wrong."

I nodded my head gravely. She was right. But then again, this was only a high school lab. It didn't mean anything...right?

We walked into the AP lab room and saw Ms. Cress setting up one electrophoresis. She turned her head when we cam in and smiled.

"Alright guys. I have the have the hair samples from this morning, so you can go ahead and well, do it. I'll be sure that you don't make a mistake," she said, winking.

So, we repeated the whole process again. We made sure that Zoey's DNA and my DNA did not get mixed up. And what do you know...the same results as before.

I saw a furrow in Ms. Cress' forehead. "How can this be?" she asked to no one in particular.

I then glanced at Zoey who was taking deep breaths. If this was really what it said, then...

"Well, thank you Ms. Cress. We really appreciate you helping us out. I was wondering if you could help me with a homework problem. It relates to the test on Friday," I said, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, of course!" Ms. Cress said, clapping her hands excitedly.

"We'll need the textbook," I said, gesturing towards the cabinet with the textbooks. As she turned around to retrieve the textbooks, I turned to Zoey and mouthed 'camera'.

She didn't understand at first but then she nodded. I turned back to Ms. Cress.

As we walked out of the school, I asked Zoey, "Did you take it?"

"Yeah. What...what do you want to do with it?" she asked wearily.

"Let's...let's confront my parents," I said unsurely. I really didn't know what I was supposed to do.

I heard Zoey sigh. I glanced at her. She seemed...exhausted and worried. I put an arm around her.

"Don't worry, okay. We'll get this sorted out," I crooned.

"I know. It's just...I don't know. Like you said, let's talk to your...parents," she said.

We got into the car and drove home. None of us talked. We were too shocked to get a single word out.

Mom was the only one at home. She greeted us and asked if we were hungry. Mumbling no, we walked upstairs.

Not bothering to take my uniform off, I sat at my computer and started searching for 'reliability of DNA electrophoresis.' Unfortunately, multiple sources said it was VERY reliable.

I heard a knock at the door. "Come in!" I exclaimed.

Zoey walked in with a sad expression on her face. She was also wearing her uniform, but she stripped off a couple of layers.

"Hey," she said softly walking towards me. Her eyes were filled with worry and I could see her hands clenched into fists by her sides. One was holding her phone.

"Can you email me the picture?" I asked. She nodded and set to work on her phone. Once I got the email, I made the resolution more clear so the bands could be seen. Then, I printed the picture out full size.