Chapter 6

Zoey's POV

Because of the voice, I was startled and crash, there went my punch glass. I didn't even get a chance to look at him because I was looking at the glass.

"I'm so sorry," I say. I bent down to pick it up when he caught my hands.

"Don't pick it up. You'll get cut," he said.

I look up from the glass lying on the floor to his face- directly into his eyes. They are a honey amber brown color. Wow- I could get lost in them. I probably already did.

"Oh, sorry," he said stepping away from me. This is when I got my first look at him. He was pretty tall- around six five or so. He was pretty lean and muscular, and he had chocolate colored hair. He had perfect eyes- like I said before. He had nice eyebrows, a nice neck, and nice lips....

I think he was observing me, too. I clear my throat and he snaps out of his trance. He turns a slight shade of red as do I, but I probably look like a tomato.

"Zoey," I say. Have to start introductions somewhere, right?

"Eric," he says. I smile. He smiles too. Simple, huh?

"Why don't you have your shoes on?" he asks.

I look down at my feet. Why did I have to take my shoes off? This is so embarrassing?

"Uh, w-well. Um, I'm not used to wearing heels," I say.

He chuckles- it sounds so good to hear his voice.

"Why am I surprised?" he asks in a quiet voice.

"Your surprised?" Why would he be surprised?

"The girls I know would never take off their shoes at a party," he says.

"Well, a you must know a lot of girl and b, I guess I'm not one of the girls you know," I say with a little anger. He doesn't know that I despise walking in heels.

"Sorry," he says blushing. Awww- he looks so cute. "You're right, you aren't anything like the girls I know."

This time, I blushed- furiously. Crap. I shouldn't be blushing.

"Excuse me, should I clean up the- oh, Mr. Valentine, I didn't see you here! Excuse me," a waiter comes and says.

Mr. Valentine!? This dude is their son! No way!

Eric's POV

I was talking to some of my friends when a girl walked into the balcony. None of my friends saw her because they were facing the opposite section of the balcony. Hey blue dress looked so beautiful on her and with her hair cascading down her back, she looked irresistible. I had to know who she was since I never saw her before.

I tried to focus on speaking with my friends, but I couldn't take it anymore. I had to see her. I excused myself from my friends and stealthily walked into the balcony. Instantly, I said, "What are you doing here?"

Now, she drops her glass and gasps. My fault. I shouldn't have startled her like that. Stupid!

"I'm so sorry," she says with a sorry yet beautiful voice. I try to suppress a laugh. She does not even look at me and bends to pick up the class.

"Don't pick it up. You'll get cut," I say and grab her hands before she can touch the glass. She stops staring at the ground and looks up at me. I almost had the breath knocked out of me. Cheesy, I know, but there is no other way to say it.

Her eyes are a silvery gray. They look sad and concerned. Concerned, I understand, but why sad? They also look shocked. Her hair cascades in waves around her face and reaches to her waist. She is tan and tall. Probably six feet, which is very tall for a girl. Her mouth is parted and her pink lips look so tempting...

"Oh, sorry," I say, letting go of her hands and stepping back. I must be an idiot holding her hands and staring at her like that. I look at her fully right now. She has sandy colored hair. She is very skinny- probably underweight and has long legs. She has, well, a very nice hourglass body. And, she is the one and only Zoey Summers, who won the surfing championship in LA.

"Zoey," she says abruptly.

"Eric," I say. Why didn't she say 'Zoey Summers'? I'm sure that would have been more impressive for her is she has said that. But she didn't. That immediately tells me she is different. Wow, a different girl.

Suddenly, I looked down and saw that she had no shoes on her feet. They were right behind her. So, I curiously ask, "Why aren't you wearing shoes?"

"Uh, w-well. Um, I'm not used to wearing heels," she says. She's stuttering. I know she isn't used to wearing heels. Since when do surfers where heels? But, I want to know more about her. I chuckle.

"Why am I surprised?" I ask in a quiet voice.

"Your surprised?" she asks, furrowing her brow which makes her only look cuter.

"The girls I know would never take off their shoes at a party," I say. It's true. They would probably flaunt them to other girls.

"Well, a you must know a lot of girl and b, I guess I'm not one of the girls you know," she says with a bit of anger. Is she jealous I know a lot of girls? Maybe that sounded arrogant.

"Sorry," I say. I could feel myself getting hot. "You're right, you aren't anything like the girls I know." She looked shocked and started to blush red. She looked down. I smile.

"Excuse me, should I clean up the- oh, Mr. Valentine, I didn't see you here! Excuse me," a waiter comes and says. Oh no. Why does the stupid waiter say Mr. VALENTINE? Couldn't he have just said Eric? Crap.

I look at Zoey and she's staring at me with her mouth open and eyes wide, like she can't believe it. I guess it is hitting her like a ton of bricks that she is spending time with me for quite a while. This should be fun,

Hey guys! Do you think I should make Eric mean or sweet? Tell me and comment and vote! Thank you!