Chapter 13

Well, well, well. The unlucky number 13. Can I ask for 15 votes? Pretty please? Thanks!

Lunch was pretty fun, I have to admit. It turned out that everyone in Eric's group had the same lunch period (apparently, Eric pulled some strings). We all joked around and talked about the day so far. I felt really welcomed.

The bell rang, signaling the end of the lunch period. I was really full considering I had a heaping bowl of fruit salad (again!) and Snapple Mango Madness Juice. I still hadn't finished my juice so I put it in my bag. I could drink it later.

"You just had fruit salad this morning and now you're eating fruit again!" Eric said.

"Well, can't help it if I'm a fruit addict, huh?" I asked. I loved fruits a lot. Honeydew, apples, oranges, pears, nectarines, etc etc.

"Oh. What did the apple say to the orange?" he asked. What did he mean, what did it say?

"Um, I don't know," I said.

"We cantaloupe!" he exclaimed and started laughing.

"Haha. You're so corny," I said, also laughing. That was kind of funny.

"What?! You're so mean!" he said giving me puppy dyes.

"What? I'm only stating facts, Eric!" I said.

"And here I thought you were nice," he said, shaking his head.

"I am nice! I'm stating facts though!" I said.

"No you're not-" he got cut off by someone who grabbed his shoulder.

"Yo, Eric man! Introduce me to this hot stuff right here!" said a guy with dark brown hair and vivid blue eyes. He was pretty built and his hair was spiked. But I like guy's hair shaggy.

"No, I'll introduce myself. I'm Zoey. Bye," I said turning.

"So you surf, huh?" he asked.

"Yup!" I said popping the P.

"I like women in charge. It turns-" he was cut off by Eric.

"Bye, Logan," he said. So his name was Logan, huh?

As Eric and I walked up to the first floor for AP English, I said, "Eww. He's such a- a" I couldn't finish my sentence.

"I know what you want to say. Don't worry. I know," he said.

"How do you know him?" I asked.

"Lacrosse team," he replied simply.

"You play lacrosse?" I asked, curiously. I have never played lacrosse before but it seemed like a vicious sport.

"Used to. Now, I'm doing football," he said.

"Cool," I said.

We went into AP English as the first bell rang. As we went in, the teacher who wrote his name really big on the board, Mr. Levine, said, "Do we have a Zoey Summers and Eric Valentine in the room?" Wow. His voice was really loud.

"Here," Eric and I said at the same time. We looked at each other and started to laugh.

"You both are to report to the principal's office right now," Mr. Levine said. "You two can go. No homework for tonight."

So far, I had no homework today. Eric and I walked silently out of the classroom.

"Why do you think they called us?" Eric asked.

"I'm not sure. I mean, I would understand if they wanted me since I'm new but still...." I trailed off.

"Oh well. I'm sure we didn't do anything wrong," Eric said smiling reassuringly. I smiled tightly. It would be horrible if I got into trouble on the first day of school.