I wasn't going into detail about me and Onika's problems because that's just not who I am.

"I suggest you pick up the phone though. Somebody been blowing that shit up since the gathering." She said.

••

I walked in Onika's house, already angry. I saw a car I didn't recognize and I didn't want to jump to conclusions but this shit got me fucked up already.

When I saw the 2 of them sitting in the living room with papers sitting out in front of them, I stood up against the stairs.

"You gotta be fuckin' kidding me. Yo Onika are you serious right now?"

She jumped. "Baby finally-"

"Nah fuck all that. Who the hell are you dawg?" I asked him, I stood over them both and he stood up. "Bro I asked you something."

"Don't come at me, I don't even know who you are."

I looked at Onika. "You foul." I looked back at him. "Bro leave."

"We aren't done-"

"I didn't ask you that shit. I have a problem with you being in here with my woman knowing you used to fuck her, knowing you still want to. She is pregnant bro so that's a dub. Leave."

He grabbed his stuff and I walked him to the door, slamming it behind him.

"Onika you got me so fucked up!" I shouted, walking back into the living room.

She was still sitting down, she just looked at me.

"You serious right now? You ain't got nothing to say to me?"

"We were just working on the project baby."

"The project I asked you not to work on with him? I told you you had no respect for me."

"Baby I do."

"No you don't. You don't give a fuck about what I gotta say. I simply asked you not to do this because I know he wanna fuck you and you do it anyway. For what? To prove you grown? I know you grown, that's why I'm with you but woman you make some stupid ass decisions."

She stood up and walked close to me. I held my hands out so she couldn't get too close. I knew what she could do to me, I'm not gon' let her do that.

"You don't respect me Onika."

"Yes I do. He paid me baby, I'm still an attorney."

"With the right to turn down any case you'd like. You don't need the money, that nigga isn't paying you that much."

"Yes he is. I don't think you care about it but my fees are very high."

"You right, I don't care. And you lied to me. You do have a way to contact this nigga. Ain't no way he just came here, again. There is no serendipity in that."

"I'm sorry baby. Please. I didn't do anything stupid if that's what you're thinking. It was just this project."

"How I know that when you been lying left and right?" I asked her.

"Now Beyoncé I did not cheat on you. I would never do that to you. I messed up but I do respect you. It's just my job."

"Yeah that's what we gon' blame it on."

She put my hands down then stepped into me, resting her chin on my chest. "Baby I'm sorry." She whined, she looked like she was about to cry again.

I sighed. I wasn't trying to look at her. I knew I'd just give in. She grabbed my face forcing me to look at her.

"I'm sorry. I won't do it again."

"This was again. This is your second time with this nigga. What's your problem? You like him? Tell me something because it ain't nothing. You look at the nigga like you wanna fuck him then y'all sitting up in here all cozy and shit."

"Baby I don't want him. I want you. Memories just came back."

Who the fuck tells somebody that? "And you miss him?"

"No I don't. I was just getting paid that's it."

"You need the money?"

"No."

"So what the fuck you do it for knowing I asked you not to? No respect for me, it's as simple as that." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yes I do Beyoncé. How many times I gotta say it?"

"As many times as you want to, that don't mean you mean it. You done talking to him. I don't care how much he's paying you."

She sighed. "Do you forgive me?"

"Nah but I'll get over it though."
________________________