36.5

(Y/n)'s pov

"Y-You're leaving? After graduation...? Shouyou, what are you saying?" My heart was on the verge of shattering. I held back the tears that were starting to fall.

Hinata recently told me after graduation, he'd be going to Brazil to practice beach volleyball in order to improve. But hearing this instantly brought overwhelming pain into my chest. It's only been 4 months of us I can't lose him. For 2 years? Is he really okay with that...?

He grabbed my shoulders gently, looking me straight into my face. Not avoiding my eyes. "I couldn't find the right time to tell you... (Y/n)." His gripped tightened a bit, not enough to hurt me. "I didn't want to make you worry or even worse, sad." I felt tears brimming at the corners of my eyes, but I saw the same thing happening to Shouyou as well. 

"It's only two years." I think that was his attempt at reassuring me. 

My eyes widen. "T-Two?"

Hinata sighed. "I love you. You know that right?" His gaze went back to me. 

My voice broke. "Of course." 

"Believe me when I say this, (Y/n), remember when you told me that if your parents ended up not liking me, still, nothing would go wrong between us?"

I nodded. 

He smiled, "It's my turn to help you feel better!" He then pulled me into an embrace, and before I knew it, the tears streamed down my face. Shouyou continued. "Even if I'm gone for a while, nothing will go wrong between us." He didn't let go. 

My tears were staining his sweater. "A-and if it doesn't work?" I held on tighter, Shouyou noticed this and rested my head on his chest. 

"Then..." he hummed. "Then, we just have to make it work!" I can already tell the bright smile on his face. I smiled against the fabric of his clothing imaging it. "We can call, clearly everyday." He pouted. "We can face time too! I don't remember the last time I did it though. Hmm, I remember I did it with Kageyama, but he kept calling me an idiot because he kept saying the camera was upside down?!" He muttered. 

I giggled at his silliness. Forgetting about the sorrow I was just experiencing.

"Feeling better?" His eyes sparkled. As I sat back up wiping my tears. 

I cupped his face. "Because I'm with you, of course." My smile was a sad one. 

He held onto my wrists looking back into my eyes. "Will you help make it work with me, (Y/n)? This is for my future, my passion. I know, I know you're strong enough to do it for me!" He exclaimed. "Are you willing to wait for me? Like you did before?"

It sucked, it sucked so bad, losing my boyfriend for 2 whole years? But, I love him too much to put a stop on his passion. Especially when it means so much for him. The way he's trying hard to keep me smiling at a time like this. I just want to scream, scream how much anger and sadness I have, but I know, deep down inside Hinata, he's feeling the same exact way that I'm feeling right now. 

"Of course, I'll wait as long as I have to. Shouyou." With that, he quickly pulled me back into his chest again. 

"I'm so sorry, I'm sorry it has to be this way." 

There goes the tears again. 

"(Y/n)?"