The Investigation Begins

Start from the beginning

"I don't know," Ruby said. "It could take weeks to find something in this fire hazard of a room. Nothing but junk and papers and--"

She felt a vibration in her pocket. She pulled out her scroll, turned it on, and checked her messages.

Weiss: Ruby, where are you? We haven't seen or heard from you all night! We got a hotel while we waited, but we're getting worried. Is everything okay?

"Weiss..." Ruby whispered. She remembered something Weiss told her last night.

"And remember, I know Atlas more than any of you. Let me know if you need anything."

"What you got, kid?" Pikachu asked.

"I have a friend," Ruby said. "She grew up here. She knows this place better than anyone. Plus, she's heiress to the Schnee Dust Company. She might know something about this... R... thing."

"Alright!" Pikachu said, climbing down from the desk. "We gotta find her and press her."

"Okay," Ruby said, texting Weiss.

"That's a metaphor," Pikachu said.

"I know," Ruby said. She continued texting Weiss.

You: Everything's fine. Thanks for checking in.

Weiss: Are you sure you're okay?

You: Yes. Listen, I might need your help with something. We need a place to meet.

Weiss: Sure. What's up?

You: In person!

Weiss: Okay. What's wrong?

You: Nothing's wrong! I just need your help!

Weiss: Okay then. Meet us at Central Park.

You: Thank you. On my way.

"We're meeting at Central Park," Ruby said, stepping over Pikachu's clues, and picking Crescent Rose off the couch.

"Got it," Pikachu said. Ruby accidentally knocked over a cup of (F/D). "I was drinking that." She accidentally kicked another cup. "I was also drink-- Just step anywhere! It's only my life's work!"

Pikachu climbed onto her shoulder.

"I'd rather you didn't do that, sorry," Ruby said, pulling him off and setting him down.

"Fine," Pikachu said, following her. "I'll walk. I'm trying to get 100,000 steps this hour."

At Central Park, they could see several balloons being prepared for some kind of parade, some based on different types of Grimm. One of them resembled Pikachu.

"Hey look! It's me!" he said. "I've never been so flattered and creeped out at the same time."

"Hello, I'm Roger Clifford, president of CNM and chairman of Clifford Enterprises."

They turned to see that Roger and Howard Clifford were making some kind of announcement to a camera.

"And I'm Howard Clifford," Howard said, "one of the visionary icons behind Atlas."

"Together, in the spirit of harmony," Roger continued, "we're throwing the biggest parade that Atlas has ever seen. You won't wanna miss it."

"So, at the weekend, we invite the people to be there," Howard said. "A celebration of many years of peace."