2

Rocky sat on a puffy cushion, looking at herself through a mirror. She woke up an hour ago so her face was still bare and in its most natural state. Yet, she remained beautiful. Her big eyes stared back at her as she scanned every single one of her features, appreciating the gift God gave her. The gift of beauty and wealth.

Behind her stood no other than her new servant, Birni. The young girl wasn't bad looking herself. She had an innocent and soft aura : not quite a child and not yet a woman. She was attractive in her own way. Her gentle fingers were brushing through Rocky's hair, letting it flow behind the princess's back in thick waves.

"What would you like to wear today, my queen?" She asked.

Rocky hummed in reflexion. She glanced at her open suitcases in one corner of the room, expensive gowns peeking out of them. She swayed her hand lazily, playing with a strand of hair:

"Why don't you dress me up, beautiful?"

"M-Me?" Birni choked.

"Yes. I trust your senses. Pick a dress for me and I will wear it."

The young servant was very hesitant as she approached the princess's gowns. She was used to luxury, born and raised in this palace. Yet, she'd never been allowed to touch any of the lady's belongings, especially not a princess's. Yet, as Rocky nodded her head in encouragement, she dared to look into them, touching the fabrics and feeling their cost through the tip of her fingers.

Rocky sure had expensive tastes.

Birni's attention was caught by a very simple dress, hidden inside one of the suitcases. It was of a warm orange color, cut from a light see-through material and with quite a deep cleavage.

"I think this will look good on you, my queen

"I think this will look good on you, my queen." The girl said politely.

"I don't really like this dress. It's the cheapest one I have. Why did you choose it?"

"Well...You will have to meet the other ladies of the palace, today. They are all very greedy for wealth and I think you will stand out by remaining simple. You can show them that beauty is not about fancy gowns and jewelleries and...I think the king will appreciate that too."

Rocky leaned forward, staring at the shy servant with interest. Her fingers tapped lightly against her cheek as she thought about what Birni just told her. The princess was already aware of the others. A king wouldn't be one without a harem of beautiful ladies. Her own father had one and Rocky never saw that as a problem. Yet, her only concern was making those girls understand that they were not on the same level as her. While they were mere distractions, she was a queen and the second most important person in this kingdom. She deserved their respect and she sure was going to get it, one way or another.

"Won't they look prettier than me, then?" Rocky asked, raising one eyebrow.

"That's the thing, my queen. Even without the wealth, you're the prettiest woman I've ever seen. They will feel the same way once they see you in this dress. You don't need anything fancier to stand out."