29

Her eyes were only set on her son, her son in Raja's arms

Her eyes were only set on her son, her son in Raja's arms. She sat up as slowly as she could. Sudden movements were to be avoided; she didn't want Raja to throw her child out of the window. But how to react? What to say? The boy looked so pissed, she thought that even the sound of her voice would make him lose his thin control.

"Have you ever wondered once about my situation since you came back, your majesty?" He asked, still pacing in front of the balcony. "I mean, I know for a fact that you've been the only thing in my mind lately. I kept asking myself if you were alive or dead but then, I heard that you came back to the palace and that the king decided to forgive you after all."

He scoffed. King Hassan who'd been sleeping started to emerge at the sound of Raja's angry voice.

"Rocky?" He mumbled.

"I can't blame this idiot." Raja continued. "He must have been so happy to find out that the child was his. He gets everything after all; the child, the queen, the kingdom. I am the only one who looks like a complete idiot out here!"

King Hassan was now fully awake. His piercing gaze followed the intruder in his bedroom. He was about to jump but Rocky held on to his arm.

"Don't do anything stupid." She whispered. "He has Kasimir."

Raja chuckled.

"Oh yes, I do have him. Babies are amazing creatures, aren't they? So small and fragile. You know I could crush him if I just tighten my hold a little bit right?"

As if to prove his words, Raja tightened his arms around the sleeping baby. A deep growl came out of king Hassan's throat.

"I am going to kill you, Raja."

"I was so sure he was mine, though." The boy said, completely ignoring the death threat he received and staring at the baby's face. "I could picture him clearly. He should have had my hazel eyes, a perfect miniature version of my own self. And I was going to be such a great father, rocky knows that. I literally took over an entire kingdom -which belongs to me anyway- so that my son could become a king as well. I did all that thinking that he was mine but wow...The universe must think I am quite a joke."

"Raja, listen to me."

The queen stood out of bed, on her tippy toes. Raja was across the room and she wondered how she'd get close to him without freaking him out. She started with tiny steps away from the bed.

"Honey, I know you are upset." She spoke softly.

"Stop!" Raja yelled. "Don't sweet talk me, you bitch! I know you think I am an idiot but I can clearly see through your lies. You don't fucking care about me. There is nothing you can do or say that will stop me tonight."

"Stop you from what, Raja? I know you don't want to kill me."

"And how can you be so sure?"

"Because without you, I wouldn't have lived this long." The queen smiled, taking more steps towards Raja. "You saved me from that couple of crazy blacksmiths, remember? You fought for my life."