10

Rocky could barely focus on her guests

Rocky could barely focus on her guests. Her mind was still foggy from the weird drink she had but the primary source of her confusion was Raja. Of course. The young boy was with the other servants, making sure that everything was going as planned. Yet, he would throw glances at her on every occasion. The darkness in his eyes made her feel weak. It was as if he was mad at her but Rocky couldn't recall doing anything wrong...

"I have never seen a more handsome man in my life." The lady next to her said in a low tone.

She was the wife of one of the justice officials. The queen liked her the most because she was friendly and attractive. Well...She liked her until she started staring at Raja as if he was a piece of meat. Rocky frowned when the lady bit on her lower lip.

"He is like those deadly creatures of the night. So insanely good-looking but dangerous. He is making me feel all tingly."

"You have peculiar tastes in men, Soraya." The queen said under a judging tone. "There are many things that make it wrong for you to speak about him like this."

"Really?"

"Yes. For instance, he is a servant and you are the wife of an official. He is also too young for you."

"And he is mixed." Another lady was quick to add, even though she had the same lust-filled eyes when looking at Raja."

"I don't think that's wrong anymore," Soraya answered. "I never saw a mixed child before but now that I did, I just regret that there are not more of them in this kingdom...Your majesty, may I ask for a favor?"

Rocky didn't say anything. She just gave a cold gaze to the lady, already guessing what she was about to ask. Soraya didn't notice the warning in her queen's eyes, though. She had too many drinks and already lost her common sense.

"I would like you to gift me this special servant of yours." She spoke. "My home is dull and I think he would be the right addition to bring it more life. Don't you agree?"

Rocky mocked, stabbing the meat on her plate with a knife. The lady jumped, taken aback by the queen's harsh reaction.

"Raja is not an object, Soraya." She said. "I am not gifting him to you, and no words can describe how disgusted I am to hear you speak like this about a human being. Servant or not, You should watch your mouth when talking about someone else."

"Tss. You can just say it if you want to keep him to yourself."

"Excuse me?"

The lady covered her mouth after realizing what she just blurted out. Even though Rocky was much younger, she was still a queen. The fire in her eyes proved she didn't like it either. Soraya was quick to apologize.

"I don't know what got into me." She said, eyes fixated on her plate. "Forgive me, your majesty."

Rocky scoffed. Now, all her guests were weirdly staring at her. Luckily, Raja was not close enough to hear what that foolish lady said. Implying that the queen desired one of her servants? What a sinful thing to say! Rocky did her best to chase those thoughts away but she couldn't deny there was "something" she felt when it came to her peculiar servant.