12

Everyone was busy in the palace

Everyone was busy in the palace. The king was back, which meant more tasks for the servants, the guards, and the counselors. The death of Meriem didn't help the chaos either. The poor girl was being examined by a few experts that were called. Rocky was almost certain they wouldn't be able to learn much from her dead body. She died from a broken neck and that was it. No one could ever determine what caused such a tragic accident.

Well...Maybe someone could, after all. 

The queen used the fact that no one was paying attention to her to pass a note to Raja. She asked him to meet her at night in the art room. There were many things she was curious about but, more than anything, she wanted to make sure he wouldn't do anything stupid now that her husband was back.

Rocky had her stomach knotted by worry. Sickening worry and guilt. Everytime she looked at the king's face, it made her want to jump from a window, just like Meriem had done. She didn't deserve him. Despite being busy and hurt from his trip, he didn't stop expressing his love for her. He told her at repeated times that he missed her but Rocky couldn't find the courage to express her own feelings. Of course, she missed him too but how could she say it to him, knowing that she'd slept with her servant the night before ?

That long and awful day passed as slowly as possible. The queen was simply a spectator to it all. It just proved how unnecessary she was. She had nothing to do when everyone around her was so busy.  After a quick dinner, she quietly went to her bedroom and got ready to sleep. Adama was there to help her brush and braid her hair for the night. The queen noticed the young girl staring at her through the mirror.

"What ?"

"Nothing, your majesty." She replied, focusing back on the braids she was making.

"No, tell me. Clearly, there is something in your mind, right now."

"...It's not much. I was just wondering why you look so unhappy, dear queen. Aren't you glad that the king is back?"

"Of course I am. It's just that...I have a headache."

"Oh. I will quickly finish this and get you a medicinal tea. You might feel better with that."

"Ok. Thank you, Adama."

Once the young girl was done and out of the bedroom, Rocky stared at her own reflection in the mirror. It was true, she didn't look much like herself. Wrinkles appeared on her forehead, displaying just how worried she was.

A knock came on the bedroom door a while later. King Hassan slid inside, holding a cup. Rocky smiled as he gave her the tea that Adama had promised to bring. She thanked him and took a sip. It didn't taste good but maybe it would soothe her anxiety a little bit. The queen was a bit taken aback when her husband placed a hand against her forehead. His lips turned into a cute pout that didn't belong to his usually serious self.