24

They were supposed to leave the following night

Rocky was becoming more sleepless with every passing minute. She was worried about many things: Hassan, the kingdom, her and her child's safety... Not knowing what tomorrow would be made of was simply nerve wrecking.

She closed her eyes, trying to force herself into unconsciousness. She almost succeeded when an urgent knocking against the door of the bedroom had her jumping in fright.

"What was that?!" She asked, worried.

Raja was already by the door with his sword in hand. He opened it just enough to see one of the Roumanian guards.

"Something's wrong, your majesty." He said with a serious face.

Raja didn't ask questions. He left the room and Rocky was alone and more anxious than ever. Did they figure out their great plan to escape? Or worse, did Hassan leave his cell already? Raja told him to not leave before he did, so as not to bring any suspicions but then, Hassan had no reason to keep his promise.

The queen stood out of bed and went to the balcony. She observed a few guards running around, whispering orders to each other. Something was definitely happening.

A while later, Raja was finally back and she rushed to him for an explanation. He looked pale under the dim moonlight.

"Hassan left his cell." He said to her through gritted teeth.

"Oh no...Did the Roumanians figure you helped him out?"

"No. The thing is, the kingdom is being invaded right now. The Roumanians believe Hassan plans this somehow but I know better."

Rocky noticed for the first time the anger in Raja's gaze. He held her arms with a death grip.

"You told your parents to come here?!"

"Oh."

Rocky opened wide eyes. She didn't imagine that her parents would get her message and come so quickly. Hassan probably left his cell early to meet them.

"This is good." She said with a wide grin. "My parents will help Hassan fight the Roumanians. It will be easier for him to get the kingdom back."

"Well, that's great for him but Rocky, do you know what this means for us? I planned our escape for tomorrow night but we have to leave now because of you. It will be very difficult to not only hide from the Roumanians but from your father's army as well. Why would you do something like this?"

"I am sorry...I didn't think they would arrive so quickly."

"That's not the only issue. I am so angry right now. You didn't tell me about this. You can't possibly imagine how shocked I was to hear that the cayorian army is on our territory. I thought...I thought we were telling each other everything."