Chapter 17: Goodbye

Chapter 17: Goodbye

Asmy

~~~

And all the good girls go to hell

Baby, I don't feel so good

~~~

"Are you not going to beg, my lord?" sarcasm dripped from the knight's voice.

They had me tied down again. Exposed and vulnerable to every passing being, just how they wanted me the first time.

I kept my mouth shut, just glaring at them. I will not give them the satisfaction of torture.

"I think she thinks she's too good for us." One of the fools said in attempts to instigate conflict.

"Is that so my Lord? You think you're too good for us after all the bidding we did for you?"

I could tell by the intensity of his voice that the remark got to him. He grabbed me by my hair and pulled to his distorted burned face.

"You're nothing but a worthless piece of human. A fluke in the system. And when I'm done with you, you will beg for mercy."

He let go of me roughly, and my heart started palpitating faster. I knew that what he said wasn't a lie. I knew that everything he promised, he will deliver.

I knew what I had to do to survive, but I don't know what would be better. A lifetime of pure evil, of killing and bringing people down with me? Or should I die to save the lives of others?

Isn't someone just going to replace me at the end of it all? There will always be a prince of lust, it doesn't matter who it is. If it's me, I can attempt to target those who really are committing the sin itself. Only target those vile, those corrupted to the soul, those who truly deserve to be in hell, instead of tempting all the others. If I keep my crown, I can save people

But if I keep my crown, will I lose my soul completely?

If I keep my crown, will I remember what it was to be human? Will I remember my oath to protect the innocent?

I was pulled back from my thoughts by claws digging through my stomach, inflicting burning pain.

I couldn't help myself but let out a high-pitched scream. The pain consumed my whole body, almost paralyzing me. Tears slipped out of my eyes, and they laughed, mocking my weakness.

"Not so tough now, are you?" One of the demons taunted

I couldn't take it anymore and said, "You will all be dead when I get out of this."

I knew what I had to do. I could not let them take me. I knew that the only way to save myself and save others was to accept my fate. I know this is not what Lucifer wanted for me. I know this is not with Azrael wanted for me. I was just a girl thrown into chaos. I just needed to survive. My whole existence has been about survival, and today, I had to make a choice.

I'm sorry, Luce.

'Aileen!'

***

Axel

It was freezing down here.

Who would have thought that hell was actually just an icy hole of torture? You could see my fingers turning blue, and I could swear that my mucus turned into icicles. I almost felt like a cartoon.