Chapter 9: Remember

Chapter 9: Remember

Asmy

~~~

Chasing those memories

It's like I can taste you

I swear to God I still taste you

Remember, I remember

~Katie

~~~

I looked at the ceiling, the red glow from my light making me feel warm and relaxed. I felt the limbs of the people I took home with me last night, on me. I turn my head to look at the bloody mess I left from last night's drunk stupor. With a sigh, I got up and removed the dead decaying bodies from me. I look over to see my only friend sleeping soundly. Something in me softened as I smiled. I immediately shook my head and summoned one of my knights not wanting to wake Timore up. In seconds two of them appeared before me.

"Clean up this mess. I want their bodies disposed of and, my sheets clean by the time I get out of my shower." I commanded them and letting Timore rest instead.

I see them nod and I make my way to the shower. I turned on the shower as steam starts to rise immediately. I slowly get in, loving the burning pain against my skin. I let the water start to pour as I recall last night's events.

I felt him caresses my face with so much adoration. I felt overwhelmed and upset by this unknowing feeling. I felt angry feeling my heart beat again.

I pull away from his comfortable touch and felt cold. I make my way to the bar. I need to be intoxicated even if it's just for a few seconds. I order an AMF and as soon as I get it I chug it down without a second thought.

I feel someone grab my hand after paying for the drink. I see who it is and quickly pull away.

"You fucking Nephilim don't touch me you piece of shit," I say not knowing what took over me.

I see him shocked and step back a little. Seeing his reaction infuriated me even more because...

I don't want him to see me as a monster.

I take a few steps closer to him wanting to feel him against me. Conflicted with these emotions I say, " I should have killed you when I had the chance."

I open my eyes and stare at the tile wall.

Why does he have this effect on me? Why am I feeling this way?

Frustrated I hold my breath and clothes my eyes again.

His soft lips against mine were something I didn't think I yearned this much. The cold air of the ocean hit my bare shoulders but he heated me up nicely. I pressed myself up against him as the tingling sensations trailed my body leaving fire on its stead.

I open my eyes again gasping for air reminding me that I'm becoming human. That on that night, I bled even if it was dark. That him biting into my lip oozed deep dark blood and not black goo. That I was turned on beyond my mind and there was nothing I could do. Just like now.

With a sigh, I turn off the shower and get out. I wrapped myself in a towel as goosebumps reminded me that I feel cold now. I walk out and see Timore still sleeping soundly and my bed empty and clean.