"um well it's kind of hard to hang out with you guys when you don't get invited to anything."

"we did invite you places, but you're too busy talking to that stupid british kid that we just gave up." jake snapped. you've seen him upset before, but not like this.

"i'm sorry guys." you said softly, if you said it any louder, your voice would've broken.

you quickly got up and went back to where you were originally sitting; alone. maybe it was better this way.

the day went on, slower than usual. you found it hard to focus on your work because your mind was thinking about too many things at once.

the last bell finally rang and you slowly made your way home, but first you wanted to find claire.

"hey claire i'm glad i caught you, because i'm kinda confused."

"okay what are you confused about?" she asked

"well earlier i was sitting with Jake and a few other people and he said something like you're too busy talking to that stupid british kid, and he was really upset. i just wanted to know if he was okay."

"oh..." she said quietly

"oh? what do you mean oh?"

"y/n, let me show you something." she took out her phone and pulled up a conversation of hers with Jake from a few weeks ago.

Jake👹

hey um, can i call you?

not now sorry, but what's up?

i think i like someone..

WHO!!! YOU MUST TELL
ME NOW!

i think i like y/n, there's just
something about her. she's always
so caring and polite. whenever i
need something she's there, or when
i need someone to talk to she's there.
not to mention she's absolutely gorgeous.
she's smart, funny, and just amazing. but i don't think i have a chance.

AWWWW

but, what makes you think
you don't have a chance?

well she's like famous now,
and there's this one british kid
who she's practically in love with.
and believe me, i can tell when
she likes someone.

aw jake, i'm sorry, but i think
you have a better chance than he does.

"oh. i never knew he felt that way," you said softly, "i've been so oblivious."

"yeah, Jakes still pretty upset about it, but he'll get over it." she says.

you and claire went your separate ways, and you finally make it back home. Clay said something to you, but you weren't listening.

you went upstairs to think before you got a text from tommy:

Tommy💗

hey :) smp?

how do i tell him no, without him thinking somethings wrong...