Thunderstorm

Pairing: Isaac x reader

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Isaac, Y/N

Description: Y/N is scared of thunderstorms and calls Isaac to comfort her.

Thunder rumbled and crashed outside as you were curled up under the covers of your bed, shaking and scared. Ever since your father got stuck by lightning when you were younger, you have been petrified of thunderstorms. Even the sound of thunder sent waves of anxiety and nausea coursing through your body.

You peeked through the covers to grab your phone off of your nightstand and pulled it into you. The phone screen lit up the space around you as you scrolled through your contacts to find Isaac. You pressed on his number and brought the phone to your ear. You squeaked slightly as lightning lit up the room around you and closed your eyes, waiting for the rumble of the thunder. The phone rung a few times before Isaac picked up the phone, his voice low and gruff.

"Y/N, what's the matter?" You breathed out slowly to calm your nerves after the thunder rumbled in the background. "Isaac, I need you. The thunder and lightning, it's too much." Your voice began to crack as lightning occured once more. You could hear Isaac fumbling around in the background. "Don't worry, I'll be right there." He hung up the phone and you curled back under the covers again, letting the tears stream down your face.

The window opened and closed a few minutes later before you felt movement beside you. Arms curled around your body and pulled you up and out of the duvet. You turned over and smuggled into Isaac's chest, breathing in his calming scent of vanilla and honey. He kissed the top of your head and rubbed calming circles on your back as thunder rumbled once again.

"It's ok, I'm here now. Nothing's gonna hurt you" Isaac began to hum one of your favourite songs in an attempt to drown out the rumbles of thunder. Your breathing slowed and soft snores sounded from beside him. A small smile lit up Isaac's face as he took in your sleeping form.

"I will always be here to protect you from anything. You are the single most important person in my life. I love you so much."