𝙞𝙞𝙞. 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

Chapter Three.

I stand outside the witches home, it's a small cottage with lots of flowers and plants. It's an old wooden house but decorated nicely, I stand alone because I didn't want to bring Layla along and find out something that's too much.

I wanted time to take in everything and figure it all out. I have a bad feeling like I know I'm going to find something out. I see the door open and before I know it a small woman with brown hair and nice eyes steps out.

"I've been expecting you," She tells me, she waves me in and I'm suddenly nervous.

"Did Layla tell you?" I ask, walking towards her door, that's the only other person who knows.

"No, I just knew."

We enter her home, there's a lot of lit candles and stacks of old books. "Don't mind the place, I've been very busy lately." She explains, walking to the table in the center of the room. It's an old round table with heavy chairs and in the center is a white stick candle. It's angry flame reaches high and whips around.

I join her at the table and stay silent. "So if you expected me, do you know why I'm here?" I decide to get straight to the point, her eyes roam my face with an unknown expression. She whispers something under her breath.

"Yes, you're going through things and you're wondering what's wrong with you." She clarifies, she pulls a large thick book out of the shelf behind her. The pages are old and worn, I see black ink from the top of the page to the bottom.

"So, what's wrong with me?" I feel extremely desperate at this point.

"It's not easy. Let me tell you, I can only share so much with you, you need to hold on for the ride." I don't like the sound of that, she grabs a few essentials which is a cauldron and a few viles of herbs and spices.

She pours the spices and drops the herb in the cauldron, mashes them up and once it's finished it's similar to a red grainy liquid. "Open," She instructs, I open my hand and she takes her index and middle finger. Dipping it in the liquid, she draws an S on my palm.

"You're not normal." She says, my gut turns and I suck in a breath. "But I think you already know that," She looks up at me, the way she softly smiles sends chills down my back.

"You're actually very special, rare. You're not like humans but you're not like any mythical creature I've known." I look at her as if she's crazy, of course I'm human. I suddenly wonder if this is a wrong idea, I didn't expect this.

Yes, you did.

"Trust me by the time you leave here today, you'll think I'm just some crazy old bat. But in time, you'll see. You're already changing." It's as if she's read my mind, she closes her eyes as she holds her hands palms up.

I try to ignore the flame that heightens, it grows taller and it also stops whipping around even though there is no air circulation. "You've been lied to. You've also been hidden and kept secret." Lied to? Who's lied to me? She almost seems to be in pain.

"What do you mean?" I shake my head, I feel frustration growing inside of me. I want a clear answer, not more confusing shit to process.

"Your parents have lied to you about who you are and what you are. You are not human, you're much more than that. You hold powers and gifts within you that is so powerful that you could either bring great beauty or great pain to those around you." I take in her words, why would my mom and dad lie to me? What is so bad that they've kept me a secret?

"If I'm not human, than what am I?" I study her, almost defensive.

"I do not know, child. There is so many things you could be but I know one thing, you're not no average Jane." I watch as she pours salt into the same S on my palm but this time it's on the round wooden table.