XX. Room of Requirement

{Griffin}

{Griffin}

     "FIRST, WE need to find a place to practice."
Following closely behind Harry, our friends and I excitedly walked through Hogwarts' wooden bridge. Below the passageway was a vast valley of forest covered by a blanket of snow, which I made a point not to think about to mollify my fear of heights.

"A place where Umbridge won't find out," I added. It had been two hours since the meeting in Hogsmeade and everyone was anticipating where Dumbledore's Army, our club, could practice magic in secrecy.

"The Shrieking Shack?" Ginny suggested, but Harry shook his head. "It's too small."

"What about the Forbidden Forest?" Hermione wondered.

"Not bloody likely," Ron said, giving me unpleasant flashbacks of giant spiders and dead unicorns. "Harry," the youngest Weasley spoke up again, "what happens if Umbridge does find out?"

"Who cares?" Hermione and I spoke at the same time.

My eyebrows raised at the smirking witch, who bounced in giddiness. "I mean, it's sort of exciting, isn't it? Breaking the rules?" Letting out a surprised giggle, I joked, "Who are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger?"

She only shook her head, "Anyway, at least we know one positive thing that came from today."

"What's that?" Harry asked.

"Cho couldn't take her eyes off you, could she?"

I grinned knowingly. Harry had fancied Cho since fourth year, but during the Triwizard Tournament she had become involved with a Durmstrang boy. However, recent rumors had it that their long-distance relationship was not doing so well and she seemed fairly taken with my best friend.

"Right," Harry blushed, quickly changing the subject. "Over the next few days, we should each come up with a couple possibilities of places we can practice. We've got to make sure, wherever it is, there's no chance she can find us." The discussion continued as we entered Hogwarts, oblivious to a certain eavesdropping professor.

"Did you see the new rule Umbridge posted on the wall?" Neville asked me after we met up enroute to Herbology the next morning.

"No, what now?"

"All student organizations are banned, with threat of expulsion. I reckon she must have heard whispers of D.A."

"Are you serious?" I huffed in annoyance.

Neville's frown only deepened once two Slytherins neared us. "Look, Crabbe," Goyle hit his friend's chest. "It's the plant nerd and Little Miss Perfect."

I profusely ignored them until both boys decided to ram into our sides as they passed. I winced at the pain that shot up my shoulder and Neville placed a hand out to steady me. "Are you alright?" he asked, voice full of concern. I nodded and glared behind us.