The Black Lake

Harry's POV

-----------------

I woke up the morning of the second task in Draco's bed although there was one thing missing. Draco. He was nowhere to be seen. Maybe he was in the bathrooms I thought to myself. I checked but he wasn't there. Maybe he already went to the Great Hall to eat breakfast I thought.

I got dressed into my clothes for the tournament and made my way to the Great Hall. I looked around but I could see Draco still. All throughout breakfast I was looking over at the slytherin table but there was no sign of my boyfriend.

Then we were called to go and get on the boats to get to the task location in the middle of the black lake. I just hoped Draco would make it there in time.

The task started and right before I jumped into the water I swallowed the gillyweed. I was drowning in pain for a few seconds until I felt gills on the sides of my neck. I decided to do a quick test of power and I shot up into the air.

After half an hour of looking, I crossed paths with Fleur Delacour and witnessed her being hunted by the Grindylows in the lake. I knew the professors wouldn't let the merfolk take her so I swam on.

Soon I came to a stop as I saw four floating bodies in front of me held down by ropes. I knew these people were the special things each contestant had taken away from them because the person there for me to save was Draco.

As I was untying an unconscious Draco, Cedric had come over and was rescuing Cho. He tapped his watch with his wand to remind me of the time limit. I had about ten minutes left. Once Cedric successfully rescued Cho, Krum came swimming over and saved a woman who attended Fleur's school.

I was about to swim up with Draco when I realised Fleur's sister wouldn't have anyone to rescue her as Fleur was taken. I couldn't just leave the girl at the bottom of the lake so I went to rescue her too. Time was running out and the merfolk were dragging me down ripping up my arms and legs so they were covered in cuts and wounds. I used my last bit of energy to send Fleur's sister to the surface and Draco. Even if I wasn't able to make it up alive then at least the people who are loved should survive.

I watched as the two floated up to the surface and hoped they were alright. Suddenly I got a rush of energy and I willed myself to cast a spell to fling me out of the water. I landed on the platform and saw a blurry face above mine. The figure had pale skin and blonde hair. I think it was Draco but then everything went black.

Draco's POV

-----------------

Suddenly I woke up from darkness and I was in the black lake and holding on to a little girl. The last thing I remember was being woken up in the night and going to Dumblebore's office and being told that I was a treasure that was to be retrieved for the second task. Then everything went black. Now I'm here in the freezing cold black lake holding a young girl.

I was helped onto the platform and I was looking around as all the other champions were waiting there. Although I couldn't see Harry. I looked at the water but there was nothing there. I ran up to Dumbledore asking where Harry was.

He responded with,

"All in good time," he seemed very calm and unbothered unlike everyone else on the platform.

That's when I knew where Harry was... he was still in the water. I watched as there was no movement. I had the urge ro dive down and get him myself but I knew that would be a very bad decision.

Suddenly Harry flew out of the water and fell onto the platform. A crowd of people were around him but I needed to see if he was ok.

"Move!"

"Hey Move out of the way!"

"Let me see him, he's my boyfriend!"

I screamed a mix of orders at the people blocking my way and when I finally got to the front of the crowd, I saw a body on the floor. His eyes were fluttering open and closed, his legs and arms looked like they had been cut a million times with knives, and his arms the same. He was lying down in a puddle of his own blood while drifting in and out of consciousness. I wrapped my towels around him, not caring that I was shivering.

"Somebody help him!" I shouted even though people were already attending to his wounds.

After a few minutes they took him away from me to the hospital wing. I didn't want to let go of him. You might think I sound dramatic but when the only person who loves you and the only person you love is lying down on the floor looking half dead, it's frightening and you just want to be there with them awake and functioning.

I sat there on the floor sobbing as I felt helpless. Ron and Hermione came over to me and comforted me but it wasn't enough.