Task One - Dragons

Draco's POV

-----------------

I was so nervous for Harry that I barely slept last night. Today he was to battle a dragon and only if he succeeds he will be able to move onto the next task.

I dressed in an all black suit and then made my way down to the Great Hall. I saw Harry. He looked as jumpy as ever. He didn't eat any breakfast and I don't blame him. Today I decided to eat breakfast since I haven't eaten since yesterday morning.

As the day progressed, we got closer and closer to the time of the first task. Harry had to go to the champions tent to get his assigned dragon and to learn the rules.

"Harry? Is that you?" I asked through the fabric wall of the tent.

"Yes it's me" He said back to me.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the tent so that no one would see us. I held him close to me and rested my head on his as I took in a deep breath.

"I am so proud of how brave you have been," I say into his hair.

He looks up at me and smiles then puts his face back into my chest and starts silently sobbing.

"Im sorry Dray," He apologises while wiping his tears away.

"Harry, how many times do I need to tell you, there is nothing you need to be sorry about," I chuckle.

"I know I'm sorry," He says and then realises what he just says.

He smiles up at me as I cup his face with my hands. I lean down and kiss the end of his nose.

"You're going to do amazing, I know you will!" I say in a soft encouraging voice to him.

He looks at me and a tear falls from his eye that I wipe away. It was a tear full of fear but also a happy tear. He knew he was going to be fine and he had three people who were definitely cheering him on. He lets go of me and says bye then walks back into the tent as the first task starts.

I walked back to join Ron and Hermione as once again, there was no space around my friends. I didn't mind, I much more enjoyed the gryffindors company than Crabbe and Goyle's.

Harry was the last one to compete. I saw him walk out into the stone ditch. Unlike Hermione and Ron I refrained from cheering for him too loud because then people would definitely be suspicious of me.

Harry cautiously stepped forwards, that's when his dragon appeared. I couldn't believe it! A Hungarian Horntail was the dragon that Harry got. I was sitting on the edge of my seat watching Harry's every move. I knew how dangerous this dragon was compared to the others. I knew this because even though Harry told me not to, I would stay up at night reading about types of dragons until the book would eventually wall from my grip and hit the bed beside me.

Harry had accio'd his firebolt to him. Very smart. As he flew around I watched as the dragon chased him. At least the dragon was on a chain. Well that didn't last long because in a matter of seconds the dragon was racing after Harry up into the air and over the school. My heart dropped when they went out of sight and into the ravine where the bridge is.

I felt a tear trickle down my face. It couldn't be I thought to myself. Just like magic, Harry was spotted flying right up into the air and back towards the golden egg. As everyone else cheered I took the opportunity and blended in with the others.

"Wooooo! Yeah!" I screamed as others were chanting his name or doing the same as I was.

I thought for a moment that Harry had looked at me. Maybe he did or maybe he just was looking at everyone. Either way, I felt so proud when he scooped down to collect the egg and he raised it in the air. Meanwhile, the crowd roared with cheers and relief.

Harry's POV

-----------------

I was so relieved after the first task was over, the gryffindors were so happy that they threw me a whole party in the common room! They all wanted me to open the golden egg. I twisted the top and then the sound came, there was a terrible screeching noise that made everyone cringe.

Later on after the celebrations with the gryffindors were over, I told Ron I was going to see Draco. Ron nodded and used the excuse he always does when someone asks where I am.

I ran through the corridors with my invisibility cloak around me. I waited until a slytherin went into their common room so I could sneak through the door with them. Then when I got in I went to Draco's door and knocked twice and then paused before knocking twice again. That was a knock we made so Draco knew it was me.

I stepped in through the door that opened for me then closed and I took off my cloak but I didn't see Draco. Then out of nowhere, Draco jumped on me from behind placing his arms over my shoulders in a hug from behind sort of way.

"Harry! I'm so proud of you!" He beamed

He kissed my cheek and then moved in front of me. He hugged me tight and whispered in my ear,

"Don't ever do anything like that again!"

He then gave light chuckles as he picked me up over his shoulder and threw me onto his bed. We both lay there looking up at the enchanted bed top that looked like the stars. It was like the one in the Great Hall only a lot smaller so it fit over Draco's bed.

Draco held my hand as we lay there. We didn't talk or do anything, we just enjoyed each other's company. I soon drifted off to sleep as I was tired from the tournament today. When I was almost asleep, I felt a warm blanket being placed over me, then I fell asleep.