Plain

Nothing like her, no matter the angle I could see nothing special.

I purse my lips together to snap myself out of my dazed state and proceed to dress into my hero costume and right after the door swings open with a faint click. She stands there with a smile plastered that made it seem as if it could not falter. No matter what look she put on, I couldn't read her completely. I could never tell what she was thinking.

Maybe this was all a mistake, walking beside her down the street made it even worse. All the buildings of big shot organizations were in every direction. Cars were zooming past us endlessly and sometimes they'd come to a halt just to give a wave to the angel beside me. This city was clustered, a labyrinth of noisy streets and alleyways. People were stopping us in our tracks every five minutes and I'd just stand around as they crowd her. Soon I became desensitized by everything.

"Come on little sis, try looking less gloomy!" She speaks up giving me a glance to the side while waving to the fans. I just had to sit back and watch while she was blessing these people with just her presence.

"Easier said than done."

"Oh come on! Have a little fun," this was beginning to feel like I'm being dragged along and not actually learning anything. As always I was staring into space until a voice caught my attention, snapping me back into reality.

"Um, excuse me, miss?" Someone was tugging at the hem of my hero costume. A little elementary school girl grasped a notebook tight in her hands while looking downward at her shoes.

"Did you want an autograph from Lorelei?" I blurt out the first thing that comes to mind.

"Actually, I- uh, saw you on TV, I was wondering if.." I tilt my head at her as I awaited for her to continue her sentence, "could I please have your autograph?!" My eyes widen as I peer down at the girl holding out her pen. I only nod and quickly jot down my name in the notebook. Her initial nervousness faded and the girls entire face lit up.

"You're my hero miss! Thank you so much!" 

And that was that, she walked away. I'm her hero? Never thought I'd hear those words. Does someone like me, even deserve to be called something like that? I clench my fist with white knuckles while my nails dig into my skin.

Compared to her, how could I be called a hero?

"Looks like you got some followers already," Hikari wiggled her brows at me while elbowing my side.

"Not as many as you," there was a bitter aftertaste in my mouth.

"Oh come on, don't say it like that!" She continued to converse with her fans and again I felt, inferior. This was all a mistake. I shouldn't have come here, I should've just refused it.

Eventually the amount of people lessened, and for some reason she led me on a rooftop. I obligingly trailed behind her to this spot, she was now facing me with that wide grin of hers.

"We're going to try something alright?" I gave her a nod, "just follow my lead." I noticed how dangerously close to the ledge she was while speaking. After saying those words she fell backwards, her face with the same expression and I feel myself tense up. Immediately I run to where she once stood and lean over the edge. Hikari landed on a rooftop of a different building beside this one and started leaping from multiple ones with ease.

She wasn't using her quirk, just being reliant on her raw, normal, human skills. Even without her powers she could do it all with ease, no troubles what so ever. She didn't need it to be strong, without it all that girl was amazing either way, it was rather frustrating.