Chapter 22

————-
She was always
Everything I wasn't
————-
Everybody has that one person they're jealous of. They can be pretty, smart, strong, perfect. Society sees them as someone who has it all and it gets people thinking what they as a person has to offer. What do I have to offer? Nothing really, I'm sarcastic, blunt, sharp tongued, the complete opposite. Why would anyone like me? I don't even like me.

It's frustrating because most of the time they do nothing wrong but you can't help but hate the fact they're so,

Amazing.

Gets you wishing, you could be something you're not but there's nothing you can do. How can you I possibly catch up when she's already so far ahead. I'm out of breath however she's still running with ease. I see how she makes the people around her smile and I can't help but ask, how? How can someone be so flawless? How is she so ideal? How does she not have a single imperfection? How can she exist without realizing it all? I want to be pretty, I want to be smart, I want to be strong, I want to be perfect.

I would give anything to be like that.
————-
(Y/N) P.O.V
Ever since I was a child, I was always asked, 'what do you want to be when you grow up?' And every single time I knew the answer instantly without fail, whether in my head or not, it was the same.

I wanted to be her,

Because to me she is everything good in this world.

But who do I want to be now? Has it changed? I'm so used to chasing after her, being her shadow, never being the one in the spotlight and now I can't help but ask, is it healthy? Am I even allowed to be that type of person? Sometimes we as humans, tend to run after things that aren't good for us because that is what's comfortable. The pressure of being a carbon copy of her, is suffocating. Yet if I wanted that to change, if I wanted to be different from her, what type of person would that be?

My marker remained tapping on the whiteboard while others scribbling down their names and presented it to the class. All of them suited each individual well, so what could I possibly put? So much time passed and I didn't realize I was one of the only people who hadn't presented.

"All that's left is Bakugou, who needs to rethink his, Iida, Midoriya and (Y/N) right?" I felt the pressure surge through my body, this just draws more attention. Everyone else's suited them, but how am I supposed to do that when all this time I've wanted nothing more than to be like her. It was odd honestly, I doubted I'd make it this far, yet here I am.

Class prez walked up with a stone cold face, it wasn't like him at all. He just put his name "Tenya," and here I thought he'd want his brothers hero name, somethings off, but it's not my place to pry. And then, Izuku gets called up to present, what was on the board had my brain desperately trying to connect the dots. Words were beyond me, I couldn't articulate the sort of revelation that was being presented before me. He explained that, someone changed the meaning and that hit the nail right on the head. It sort of clicked inside me, a lightbulb was lit and I was, well proud. He chose Deku huh? A small smile lingers on my face, that's how it is I guess.

We're opposites, her and I, that's a fact that I choose not to accept. If she's the sun, then I'll be the moon. If she's good then I'll be evil, if she's perfect, then I'll be flawed. One cannot exist without the other, that's just how it works, no questions asked. Well she's such..

An angel

A prim and proper being, an individual loved by every single person they encounter. Her very presence would silence a room filled to the brim with people, and they would stop and stare in awe, every, single, time. In absolute bewilderment that someone could illuminate so brightly, a sight to heal sore eyes, a person who could leave anyone tongue tied just by a simple smile. A deep curve on her lips could make the entire world stop. Her dimples would crinkle and it would make your heart skip a beat, like a secret power to make a person feel, alive. That is the type of influence she had, that girl could twist emotions, poke fun at them like it's her own little toy. Yet she chooses not to because she is a symbol of goodness, seen as a true goddess.